Will there be Download Play for SSB on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by joepassive, Apr 19, 2014.

1. joepassive
    OP

joepassive GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    Iceland
    I have seen the direct but i dont remember if they talked about it
    if someone knows plz tell me

2. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    They didn't talk about the 3DS version very much. If there was download play, I would assume it would be like other games where you are limited to a set of characters and stages to play on.

3. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    No official information but just think about what kind of game Smash Bros is. They almost have to implement even some kind of download play in there.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    My guess would be something similar to Mario Kart 7, where the downloading players have rather limited options and there's very long loading times between matches.

avran89 and zhdarkstar like this.
  5. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    The only games I can remember that had "full version download play" are the Mario Party games and the 2 Bleach fighting games for DS. Therefore it should be feasible to pull it off again, regardless of roster size, as Bleach DS 2 had all 40+ characters available in download play.

However, I highly doubt that Ninty will do so for such a cash cow franchise as SSB, especially with 3DS sales having to mitigate the Wii U losses. What is more likely to happen is the psuedo-demo download play that they've used for the last two handheld Mario Karts.

6. avran89

avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

May 10, 2011
    United States
    Pokemon League
    I hope there is at least some, If not I'm going to tell my nephews (who also have 3Des and "borrow" my games to play) if you want to play Smash Bros on 3DS you'll have to buy your own cause I'm not sharing.

EZ-Megaman likes this.