will the USB Loader/WiiSpeak issue be fixed by the time The Conduit co

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by priapism, May 12, 2009.

1. priapism
    OP

Member priapism GBAtemp Fan

United States
    comes out???

also, since this is such a highly anticipated game do you think it will contain any new updates or copyright protection?
    is that stuff only on Nintendo published games?

i have some major concerns about the compatibility of this game because of its features.

2. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Only time will tell.

3. adam_the_1st

Member adam_the_1st GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just buy the game, don't be a cheap prick. If your going to play the game like an addict the devs deserve your money. If you won't pay, don't share your sob story compatibilty complaints here.

4. G2K

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada

You realize people use the USB Backup Loader for things other than pirating right? Like, I don't know... BACKUPS?!

5. quepaso

Member quepaso GBAtemp Fan

United States
    99.99% of people on this forum are pirates. Be realistic.

p.s. - Conduit looks like garbage.

6. adam_the_1st

Canada
    Sorry, I don't live in a magical fairy tale land where people only ever use utilities like these for good honest reasons. Give me a break kiddo, I realize theyre great for legit backups, but if that were the case, that priapism was ONLY going to backup his original Conduit copy, then he could just play the original until the bugs get fixed. I know I moved a little fast right there, but it means if he wasn't planning on downloading it.... his question would be null and void. So unless he's reatrded... it pretty much means you are. Either way, one of you is, take your pick.

7. Stang

Member Stang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Um, so if he is using a legitimate backup, he can just as easily pop in the retail disc, couldn't he?

/logic

8. lavamasta

Member lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    um... i havent pirated a single game yet... i have the monster hunter tri game on my pc, but i havent used it yet becuz my computer doesnt have a dvd burner. so really, i havent at all [​IMG]

9. G2K

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I wasn't trying to go bashing pirates or anything, I'm just sayin' that some people only use it for backups.

10. adam_the_1st

Canada
    point is, if one of those games didn't work, you wouldn't spam the forum asking for help. you'd use this disk, as it was said, this is simple logic.

11. priapism
    OP

United States
    dude, WTF is your problem? if you don't want to discuss this stuff, why even enter the thread?
    i realize that i could fix the problem by playing a legit backup but that wasn't the point of the thread.

also, my question would not be void if i bought the original because everyone knows that it it easier to to play games through a USB Loader than to swap discs every time you want to change games.

Edit: also, how is this spamming? i'm not posting a list of my favorite bands (Glasss Casket, Between the Buried and Me, Despised Icon), i am asking legitimate questions about an upcoming release.

12. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you have cIOSrev10 installed, then USB peripherals aren't working even if it's the retail disc, from what I understand.

13. adam_the_1st

Canada
    I didn't say you were spamming... I was confirming with Lavamaster that HE wouldn't, you understand english, correct? Point is, no one gives a shit if you download the game, but if you do and it doesn't work, don't post about it, this issue has been addressed several times before. On the other hand if you buy the game and the backup doesn't work, call Nintendo I'm sure they'll have a solution (translation, DON'T make a thread here, use the disc)

Conclusion, this thread was pointless, there is nothing to be discussed because no one knows, and no one cares.

14. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Like you said an upcoming release so how on earth anybody should know if it will work or not and honestly where is your problem to use the original disc (if you buy it of course [​IMG] ) or use the gamma loader instead (for the "backup") or whatever other loader.
    It´s as easy as the USB loader [​IMG]
    And who knows possibly cIOS 11 will fix it.

15. priapism
    OP

United States
    i don't understand why people are saying i could fix all of the problems by using the disc.
    i know that. if you read my post, you would see that i was asking specifically about USB Loaders and their compatibility with WiiSpeak. the second part of my post is purely a speculative question about whether posters think that the game will contain a new level of copyright protection. i am not expecting a definitive answer, i simply wanted a discussion. is that permitted?

i feel bad about this thread turning into such a dust up, especially since i usually like what Adam and others have to say.

Edit: Adam i am sorry that i thought that spamming comment was directed at me.

16. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Again, do you know for sure that this works? I read that the presence of cIOS rev10 breaks USB peripherals even playing from the actual physical retail disc.

17. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The thing is: your post -is- pointless. It raises no interesting questions, and creates a discussion leading nowhere, and it's as bad as asking "When is bootmii coming out?"

If you had some interesting thoughts, or some questions that could be answered, then feel free to make a topic. It's spam because this thread is pointless.

18. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    ill buy the conduit ( got it on preorder so....) But i want it to work with my gui usb loader because USB LOADER HAS SHORTER IN GAME LOAD TIMES!!!!

However only time will tell if its gonna fully work from the get go...Or if it does'nt there will surely be the will to address any issues hell we made a special loader for that SHIT wario game when it came out just to have gamma load a pretty shitty title....Conduit is the most anticipated release for the wii this summer...This strait from Reggie's funny looking mouth! lol

19. priapism
    OP

United States
    ok, i concede.

i just wasn't sure if anyone here had an inside scoop about this particular game.
    we will wait, we will see, and we will hope it works with USB Loader + WiiSpeak.