Hardware Will the Switch be Nintendo's most successful system?

Will the Switch be Nintendo's most successful system?

• Yes

Votes: 318 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 153 21.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 243 34.0%

• Total voters

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
ogpp.png

This week we have one simple question; Will the Switch be Nintendo's most successful system?

Nintendo just announced that they are on track to sell 18million Switch units by March 2018 - how can they keep up this momentum, and will Switch become their most successful system of all time?

Let us know your thoughts by voting in the poll and leaving your comments below!

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes! Ofcourse! It has the possibilities of all the previous and a hand full of tricks under its sleeve.
Also: it is portable and also great as a home console.

How can they keep this momentum? Just by being Nintendo. Also when they release some good selling titles and announce old Goldies (Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy etc..)

Last edited by BvanBart,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope it's not going to beat the snes
So you don't think they will be able to sell 50 million units?
So far the Nintendo Switch is the fastest selling console of all time, and as Thug's article says, Nintendo is projecting to move 17 million units before March is up. So even with the ability to play console games on the go and being competitively priced you don't think it will be able to be more than Nintendo's 4th worst selling console of all time?

Genuinely curious. I would like to hear your argument.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you don't think they will be able to sell 50 million units?
So far the Nintendo Switch is the fastest selling console of all time, and as Thug's article says, Nintendo is projecting to move 17 million units before March is up. So even with the ability to play console games on the go and being competitively priced you don't think it will be able to be more than Nintendo's 4th worst selling console of all time?

Genuinely curious. I would like to hear your argument.
It's not even 50 million it's 49 million. That's going to be easy to surpass

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not even 50 million it's 49 million. That's going to be easy to surpass
I honestly dont know, myself. I think it could do really well but I don't know. I am kinda with McHaggis on this one. My gut says maybe. Maybe its the old man in me but I really think that adding VC would be a huge help. One this is for sure, Nintendo has 3rd party support this time around. It seems like it is pretty easy to port games over to the Tegra X16 the gen.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, but I feel like people are gonna get bored of it if they can't get real 3rd party support. Mine's been collecting dust since I beat Odyssey. I feel like it's sort of a Wii situation where a lot of people who don't normally buy videogames bought one for the novelty.

Reactions: Asdolo

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They have to keep the momentum. They've had a great first year, but the sales numbers will start to stagger and stall soon enough. Of course with heavy hitters like Pokémon, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 (F**K YES)... Maybe they'll be on pace to hit 50 million by 2020.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe, but I feel like people are gonna get bored of it if they can't get real 3rd party support. Mine's been collecting dust since I beat Odyssey. I feel like it's sort of a Wii situation where a lot of people who don't normally buy videogames bought one for the novelty.
This is also a big determining factor. We need to see more AAA titles, not short, pickup and play indie games.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. The Wii sold a fuckton. But IMO, it'll easily reach 50 or 60 million. It should do roughly as well as the PS4.
Given Nintendo has a significant reach in the Japanese markets, I can see this.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, not even close to the Wii.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's exactly what it is.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like it will because Nintendo is getting more competitive with the Switch. It has its own gimmick, as Nintendo always has with their consoles, with its power and portability. Also, it seems like it will be getting some 3rd party support, as Doom came out, PAYDAY 2 is going to, and Wolfenstein 2, among others. With these big games headed to the Switch, why wouldn't others head over also? It would be great to see other third-party games like Call of Duty or Need for Speed to drop on the Switch. There are also the great exclusives. Odyssey is there, and the Wii U ports that people might grab because the Wii U really didn't sell that great. There's also the possibility of more exclusives. Smash for the Switch, anyone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all