Hacking Will the Opera RAM pack affect gaming?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since Opera was released, I've been wondering if Nintendo will do the same thing they did with the N64 when they released the optional RAM expansion pack. That is, use the extra RAM to make their games look better on DS's with the RAM pack installed. I don't see why they wouldn't do something like this, since releasing an addon for ONE application seems rather silly (even Donkey Konga got a sequel!
wink.gif
). Thoughts?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
i dunno.. I could see it happening, but I think if nintendo did it, no games would absolutely require it.. theyd probably make it just keep the framerate smooth or remove slow down..

anyway the ram pack could be used with flash carts?

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the RAM pack will be used for anything other than for Opera as the memory on the cart is way to slow for games. They used the cheapest of the cheap memory to keep costs low which is also what attributes to the browser being so slow. You may hear of people complaining that the DSs’ processor can't keep up with the Opera browser but it’s not the processor it’s the RAM.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought of this myself, although like already stated above it’s highly unlikely.
But if the extra ram would boost the DS graphics keeping the graphic junkies from
jumping to the PSP, maybe. Plus if new programs required the extra ram to run it
would kill the GBA slot cartridge copiers & you know Nintendo would like that.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Announcements say that Mechassault DS (The Phantom War) will also use the RAM expansion cartrige. Or so I've heard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse