Hacking Will the new game destory the existing games?

kosiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I have 3 games in the WBFS hard drive, 1 partition, 40GB 2.5"IDE with enclosure. Works great. I had Mario Sluger, wii sports and EA Active sports in the hard drive and I can play all of them.

Tonight I load the punch out into the hard drive, punch out can play well. When I change the game to EA Active sports, I found the wii hang, have to power down and power up. I checked all the games, now wii sports & punch out can play, Mario Sluger & EA Active sports can't run.

I did not change any setting on the usb loader, I tried different usb loaders programs, same result. I am on 3.2U with CIOS REV10.

Please help.

kosiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tetram said:
Which USB loader did you use to add your game ? Older versions had a bug.

I am using USB LOADER 1.5, I have tried coverflower, usbloader gx1.0, configurable usb loader etc. same result. and I was still playing EA sports tonight before I load the punch out to hard drive.

PS. all games are NTSC. I put them into the hard drive in the following sequence:

Mario Sluger
wii sports
EA Active sports
Punch out

Only wii sports was loaded from the wii to the hard drive, others were load from ISO to hard drive by WBFS Manager 3.0.1

Thanks

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe your disk drive has become corruped ...?!?
Did you delete any games from the wbfs drive - in early versions of wbfs managers there was a bug which causes games to be overwritten, when deleting one. This was caused by inpropper handling of disk fragmentation.
But this is not an issue on 3.0.1 as I heard so far...

Edit: Just reformat your HDD and put the 4 games again on the drive, and see if the error's still there...would be the fastest way to find out what's wrong.

kosiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, interesting, the hard drive was formated by another tool "wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6" which I downloaded from somewhere. I remember I used it to add Mario sluger to the HD too. After that, I use coverflow usbloader to add WII SPORTS, then I use WBFS manager 3.0.1 to add EA sports active and punch out.

I will try to re-format the HD by WBFS manager 3.0.1 and load all games back. do you know how to check if the HD has any data corruption?

Thanks

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'd don't know if there's any chkdsk version for wbfs out now - maybe for linux...?!?

Just delete the partion within windows and recreate it - format it with ntfs or fat32 slowly (make sure you don't have checked the quick-checkbox) and the use wbfs manager 3.0.1 to create a new wbfs partition.

kosiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I formated the HD, I used WBFS Manager to extract ISO files. Once I reformat the HD by WBFS manager, I load ISOs back. I found only EA sports Active can't run any more. Seems it's corrupted.

Anyway, i should keep all my ISO files, just in case this kind of issue happens again.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol