Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use Windows XP, and the "Make HBC" command in all of the tools I have used fail to work correctly. Perhaps it wasnt ported from linux correctly, I am not sure. Or perhaps it is my terrible PC though I dont know why only a meta.xml is being made when it says that only a boot.dol and icon would be made and that a meta.xml would have to be made manually.

The purpose of "Make HBC":

QUOTE said:
wbfs_win.exe X makehbc

*build Homebrew Channel directories for all the games in your partition
This will actually make a directory for each game with the DISCID of the game,
copy the icon.png and boot.dol of the current directory, and make a meta.xml with the name of the game

Then copy all the directories in the apps directory of your sdcard.

Right now, no matter what I do, the only thing that gets outputted is a meta.xml file. I dont see any icon or boot.dol file anywhere in the directories that are being made!
frown.gif

My main reason for this functionality: So I can inject each boot.dol into a channel.

I have already started by extracting the banner/icon/sound from each game and now I just need the boot.dol for it to be complete.

This is what it looks like on my system menu:

image101i.jpg

All it is right now are empty shells just waiting to be complete. Please help them to be complete!

gibbed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It copies the files icon.png and boot.dol from the directory you executed wbfs from, if they don't exist they won't get copied.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help.

I can not figure out how to make the dol function properly as an injected channel as I am guessing the meta.xml is required.

Is there no hope as to using the original game's banner/icon/sound on the system menu to launch the game?

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
i guess the boot.dol together with makehbc was modified to read game id from its path, so make that dol to a channel wab will not work.

channel forworder might work i think

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JimmyZ said:
i guess the boot.dol together with makehbc was modified to read game id from its path, so make that dol to a channel wab will not work.

channel forworder might work i think

I already tried channel forwarder. It just code dumped.

QUOTE(joda @ Apr 2 2009, 03:32 AM) The binary does then, when run from HBC, check it's current directory on sd and try to load any title with id equal to the last part of the pathname if present on the HDD. The script just generates meta.xml to include game name for HBC.

So with this, you can use HBC as a USB loader with customizable sorting and images for each game.

I've tried to get these binaries to boot with a dol forwarder or the like with no luck. This sucks since it would be soooooo awesome to create individual channels for separate games and run directly from system menu.

I'll have to look into the sources for the boot.dol to see if one could hardcode the gameid into the binary instead ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol