Gaming Will Sonic & The Black Knight be good?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Face it, Sonic Team always wants to make new gimmicks for every game and it's been failing each time. Will this game bring any true hope?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are right.You just have to look at NiGHTS to see that your statement is true. But the really bad thing is, that they on`t even hide the fact, that they are stretching the length of their games with poor quality parts (for example Werehog in SU or Kids in NiGHTS)... Otherwise the core gameplay is always at least decent.

So I guess this one will be decent, like SatSR was
wink.gif

oliebol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thinks it´s going to be a horrible game. Sega has to stop changing the goal of sonic´s games. It should be a game with speed and running, not with swords or werehogs.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
That cycle is so true.
But we can't know if the game is going to be good before it comes out, we just have to wait and see

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess sega are the type of company that wants to make use of all the technology available. As such, on the weaker systems such as the DS, they do not alter the formula significantly and as such it gets the best reviews.

Master_SL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic team is actually forced to churn out Sonic games per yearly basis. Hene why they dont get to develop games for a very long time and nowhere near the amount of time they had with the original sonic games for the Genesis.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Sonic Cycle was broken with Sonic Unleashed X360/PS3, even if it received low grades because of the Werehog, the game was quite enjoyable.

Famitsu gave it a 9/9/9/7, so it was really a great game.

Sonic and The Black Knight is promissing be even better, and since the game will be released tomorrow and the hipe just got bigger with every information (Unlike Sonic Cycle claims), we can expect great things of it.

To tell the truth I, expect SBK to be the best 3D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 because of its surrealistic natural stages (like in the classic Genesis games), character design, no humans, etc...

Some videos:

Even the OST is totally aewsome...remembers me of Sonic 3D Blast for Sega Saturn...

Also, the graphics are amazing for a Wii title...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the game will be pretty good, but not groundbreaking at all.

I didn't dislike recent Sonic games actually. I thought Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog were really bad, but Sonic and the Secret Rings was actually a very good game (even though it wasn't perfect) and Sonic Unleashed was pretty enjoyable too. Sure, they're not like the old games, but still enjoyable.

I really liked Sonic and the Secret Rings, and this one was supposed to be similar. Also, it exclusively developed for the Wii, which means no PS2 graphics and controls that actually work better with the GameCube controller or something similar. I'm looking quite forward to this, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whaaaat?!
I liked it better when Sonic was saving animals of the forest!
JUST saving animals of the forest!
The sword looks little nice...but is it gonna talk?
If it is then I'm not getting it...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
IGN gave it a 3.9!!!
wtf.gif

ae2rye.jpg

full review: http://wii.ign.com/articles/958/958855p1.html

Nintendo Power gave it a 80/100.. I'm curious to play it now and see who's right, it can't be THAT bad
unsure.gif

IGN is stupid. I bet they didn't even play the game. For the gameplay, you don't have to keep fighting the enemies. From the videos I've seen, you can jump around them and over them just to get to the finish. You don't need to fight them. They just wasted there time. And I doubt the lasting appeal was that bad, they are just being biased that its not there usual Sonic game. >_>

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
CockroachMan said:
IGN gave it a 3.9!!!
wtf.gif

ae2rye.jpg

full review: http://wii.ign.com/articles/958/958855p1.html

Nintendo Power gave it a 80/100.. I'm curious to play it now and see who's right, it can't be THAT bad
unsure.gif

IGN is stupid. I bet they didn't even play the game. For the gameplay, you don't have to keep fighting the enemies. From the videos I've seen, you can jump around them and over them just to get to the finish. You don't need to fight them. They just wasted there time. And I doubt the lasting appeal was that bad, they are just being biased that its not there usual Sonic game. >_>
IGN would be more likely to be biased in favor of the game rather than against a game. What benefit would they get from saying the game is bad? A few views on the review? While Nintendo Power could have possibly boosted the scores in favor of the game's sales. I'm willing to throw down money to say that Sonic & The Black Knight will be terrible.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IGN and Game Spot are cheating!!!

They want kill the Sonic Series so bad that are now making nonsense reviews =.=

First Sonic Unleashed X360/PS3 had a wrost grade that the empty Wii/PS2 version, in Game Spot they gave Sonic '06 (the wrost Sonic ever) a better grade that the Sonic Unleashed X360/PS3 (4/10).

For comparison, Famitsu gave a 9/10, 9/10, 9/10, 7/10 for Unleashed X360/PS3.

And now IGN gave a 3.9 for a game that is 10000000000x better that Sonic Unleashed Wii version?

They are nuts???

I knew this would happen when I read that damn preview where they praised the game well, but criticized the fact of having to shake the Wiiremote to attack...

I still believe this is the best game in the series since Sonic Adventure 2.

I can not wait to know what to Famitsu think about the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass