Gaming Will sims 3 work on my pc and my friends?

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda got back into playing sims3 after it was released to the nds but now i wanna play it on my pc and my friend also wants to play it as well but the problem is i am not sure if me and my friends pc specs are meeting the required specs to play it, i checked the sims3 system requirements and half of my specs don't really meet the required specs. I will post mine and my friends specs.

My specs
2.00 GB of ram
2.00 ghz
approx.780 mb of video card (not sure which video card i have)
250 gb of hard drive
Running vista basic

The required specs for sims 3 if running on vista
2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1.5 GB RAM
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1
At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

Now i am not sure if i have pixel shader 2.0 on my video card and also not sure about the "P4 processor or equivalent part"

Now my friends specs
0.99 GB of ram
1.60 GHz
224 mb of video card ( not sure which video card my friend has )
And my friend has a external hard drive so gb requirement is no problem
Running windows xp

The required specs for sims 3 if running on xp
2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1 GB RAM
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

Not sure about the pixel shader 2.0 and the " P4 processor or equivalent "

If anyone can tell me if the sims 3 can run on my and my friends pc with the specs we both have? i know we both don't have the required but just to make sure if it will run or not.
Thanks in advance

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your graphics cards happen to be integrated chipsets, then you both will not be able to run the game.

Your friend's PC specs already look low enough as it is so I doubt he will be able to run the game despite his graphics card.

In XP go to Start then Run and a small text box will show up. Type 'dxdiag' on there without the quotes. It will prompt you if you want to find out info about your PC or something like that, click on yes or OK and another window will show up with several tabs. This window will give you all the info you need about your system.

Clicking on the video tab will tell you the info of your graphics card.

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me that me and my friends integrated chipsets so i guess we can't run sims3 D:but is there any other sims game we can run that is quite new?

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went to the site "http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/" and i picked sims3 and i passed all the minimum specs so i am guessing i can run it on my pc? cause i got all ticks on my hard ware and so on

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you should be able to most minimum specs on pc games is dev suggested minimum specs you can get stuff to run on low end equipment just have to screw around with the settings

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EA and Maxis produced a line of Sims games that were specifically tailored for lower end computers and laptops. I know one of them was called Castaway.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I'd wager and say that you could probably run the game no problem. That CPU is it at least a dual or quad core? If it is you shouldn't have to worry there. Also I would never rely on that website to tell me whether or not I can run a game, it can be pretty inaccurate. I was told on my older system that I could not run Battlefield 2142 just because my video card was not supported but ran fine on high settings anyway.

B

ball2012003

nathancnc said:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Go there, it has a database of all games, will scan you computer haedware and tell you if you can run it, and if not, what you need to upgrade.
Are you sure this is a good site, look at the results i got for crysis
16lwoi0.png

My specs are also in the image but in case you cant tell I have an integrated ati radeon hd 4200

kanefan666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yes it will! all i canrun it are shitty sites... I can run all the games they show my PC not run at medium - High settings so go for Sims 3! i myself have the Intel GMA Core i3 HD and it can run almost any game out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself