Will Scribblenauts cause a lot more chaos than GTA: Chinatown Wars?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Will Scribblenauts cause a lot more chaos than GTA: Chinatown Wars?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    I say Yes, people have been so hyped up for Scribblenauts and who knows? Maybe it'll have a piracy protection patch or something and then it will cause a blast on the Scribblenauts release topic

2. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    You know, methinks it won't have piracy protection but people will still say "why dos dis dont workz on me r4!!!!!!!".

I predict 20-25 pages in the release thread with people saying "I found it" "This doesn't work" "Where do I get it" and stuff. So yes.

3. stab244

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't think it'll have piracy check. Even if it did, it couldn't be any worse than GTA:CW. At least I don't think it would be any worse. Didn't the site slow to a crawl due to all those people?

4. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    and i predict gbatemp server will be down for a day or 2 due to overspam :|

5. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Either Scribblenauts or Pokemon HG/SS. A lot of fanbase behind them. And its bad enough they're both around the same date...

6. stab244

United States
    Perhaps... I do think HG/SS might be even worse than Scribblenauts though since it is an established game, while Scribblenauts just looks interesting to those who have seen it in some form already.

7. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    ^
    No doubt about that.
    -
    But on the piracy subject, it's hard to say if there will be one or not. I mean, it IS going to be a big file size game. With all the words and whatnot that's going to be available. So it's likely to once again have the save file issue, as GTA Chinatown Wars did, since the flashcarts would need an update to fix those kind of things. BUT, since most of the flashcarts that are out, and since they all had the firmware update for the GTA fix, it's more than likely to work on the carts.

8. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    If people have seen enough release threads, you'll know that every single major release is actually a major blow to the site.

People will spam comments in the release threads, relevant or not. They can repeat whatever is said. Then there will be new one time noob accounts who register just to ask where to downlaod etc.

And no, I don't think it will cost more chaos than GTA. I think it will cause more than Kingdom Hearts. People should know... a few hundred replies and a lot of irrelevant or stupid posts. And asking for bypasses and where to download. And just asking if it works on this or that....

And I don't think scribbleanuts only will cause chaos. The big releases like Pokemon are released around the same time. Both September 10+... Imagine the damage.

Edit: Not to mention the number of duplicate, almost 1:1 threads that will be created.

9. stab244

United States
    I could imagine Admins closing down the Discussion thread so that it wouldn't be so hectic.

10. Burnedmagix

Member Burnedmagix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I could imagine GBATemp being flooded.
    But IMO, it wont cause a big of a deal.

11. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Either way in less than 1 week gbatemp will be freaking laggy due to scribblenaunts and Pokemon both which probably will have early releases.
    13/12th Pokemon HG SS
    14/15 Scribblenaunts and Mario & Luigi bowsers inside story.

♪Its the BEST WEEK EVER!♪

12. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    ^ I thought HG/SS comes out the 11th which means we could possibly see it Monday-Wednesday as an early dump?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.