Hacking Will restoring a backup from a 7.02 PS4 to a 5.05 update the firmware?

nsip4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting my save data and profile on my brand new 5.05 PS4 but I don't want to lose its jailbreakability, is there any other way to get my profile and saves to my off-line PS4?

MarkDaPirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im pretty sure it wont let you restore the back up unless you upgrade first. I think it will bring up a message warrning of this before restoring but i wouldn't risk it personally.

nsip4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of history on that old console, I guess that's the end of an era for all those save files. I personally wouldn't have risked it as having a exploitable PS4 is worth the loss but I'm sentimental, and would have liked to revisit without starting from the beginning.

MarkDaPirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be wrong but I think you can transfer saves by moving them to a USB but you will need the profile to be on the PS4 to actually use them and I don't think the profile is transferable?

Reactions: Leeful

nsip4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it's possible, most of your 7.02 saves are probably locked to newer game updates that require higher firmware than 5.05.
Actually, I don't have any game saves newer then Horizon Zero Dawn as I've had my system put away until a new exploit released. I went ahead and purchase a unopened Star Wars Battlefront bundle which shipped with FW 2.51, the old system is in my kid's hands now, playing Apex, Minecraft & fortnite online, but my profile/saves are still on it. My research into transferring my profile to my offline system hasn't yielded any results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: