Hacking Question will resorting just nand clear traces of NSP installation?

chrisnasah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Quick question please, if i were to restore my nand will it also default my switch to the way it was before i installed any cfw? I am now looking to use SX OS since my dongle came this morning but i would also like to remove traces of any NSP installations i did which did not belong to me?

Any comments?

Thanks

CrAzYLiFe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As long as you backed your nand up prior to any cfw, it will restore it to the state of back up. So no logs etc since then.

If your back up is of same firmware you should be good to go.

Reactions: chrisnasah

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Is it a pre cfw nand back up then yes do it. Also if you had a nin account used on your switch which had saved your playlogs then avoid using it and just start everything clean.

chrisnasah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also when restoring nand
Is it a pre cfw nand back up then yes do it. Also if you had a nin account used on your switch which had saved your playlogs then avoid using it and just start everything clean.

do you mean start with a new account or not use the saves? Yeah the backup is a pre cfw.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have another problem. I've made a backup before using CFW and installing a few NSPs, but after the backup, i've installed the Exfat update on OFW. If i restore the backup without the exfat thing installed, im screwed?

CrAzYLiFe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have another problem. I've made a backup before using CFW and installing a few NSPs, but after the backup, i've installed the Exfat update on OFW. If i restore the backup without the exfat thing installed, im screwed?

If its the same firmware back up example 5.x should be fine, if your back up is 4.x or lower and you burnt your efuses using a 5.x firmware your in for a bad time.

I could be wrong here but, if you revert to pre exfat support you will only have issues reading your sd. However if your reverting to go online, im assuming you will be wanting a fresh formated sd card and you could just install the exfat support again.

^ thats only if the exfat update is loaded on the nand if its flashed to the the sd reader then im assuming tou should be still good, im not 100% on the exfat update you may want to wait for confirmation

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If its the same firmware back up example 5.x should be fine, if your back up is 4.x or lower and you burnt your efuses using a 5.x firmware your in for a bad time.

I could be wrong here but, if you revert to pre exfat support you will only have issues reading your sd. However if your reverting to go online, im assuming you will be wanting a fresh formated sd card and you could just install the exfat support again.

^ thats only if the exfat update is loaded on the nand if its flashed to the the sd reader then im assuming tou should be still good, im not 100% on the exfat update you may want to wait for confirmation
I want to confirm that last thing. Someone knows?

RobCat030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to confirm that last thing. Someone knows?

I don't know, but it doesn't matter. If you're going online you can just reinstall the exfat update and then do another clean nand backup to avoid the problem next time. You'll want a freshly formatted SD anyway

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know, but it doesn't matter. If you're going online you can just reinstall the exfat update and then do another clean nand backup to avoid the problem next time. You'll want a freshly formatted SD anyway
Should i install it online again or manually with the forum tutorial?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should i install it online again or manually with the forum tutorial?
Think of it like this. Say you have an apple. Then you draw a picture based on that apple. Now the picture matches the apple. But now you drop the apple on the floor and it gets a bump. Your picture represents the NAND backup you made before getting the exFAT update and the apple with the bump now represents your console after installing the exFAT update. Makes sense?

RobCat030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Nintendo is looking for inconsistencies in exfat update installations for ban purposes. Installing manually might be safer. But I'm just a guy with uninformed guesses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16