Hardware Will replacing my laser fix my Wii

Kha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, my Wii just broke and it's out of warranty so I am trying to fix it.

Problem: The wii stopped reading my games, so I tried cleaning the lens but it didn't work. I have a video of what happens when I insert a disk, basically I insert the disk, but the disk doesn't spin, but I can hear clicking noises (I think from the laser)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz9f9rrH1Gc

*Note: turn up your volume to hear the clicking noises.

Will replacing the laser fix this problem?

Thank you!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$58.88USD for a new drive on DealExtreme... you can pick the D2B or the D2C... or if it's not modded, send it to Nintendo if it's still in warranty.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
$58.88USD for a new drive on DealExtreme... you can pick the D2B or the D2C... or if it's not modded, send it to Nintendo if it's still in warranty.
He just said that it was out of warranty.... But you could always pay nintendo to do it, I think it costs like $80.

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem. Just send it into a repair store you trust and they fix the problem. I believe that it is something with whatever keeps the disc running.

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the Wii can't read the disc, it'll not spin the disc either.
I had the same problem, I replaced the laser and everything just worked all right when I had my wii.

I changed mine on a PSP Slim, because my wii was with the overheat problem and here in Brazil, Nintendo is not giving the fucking attention to repair that.

madmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can always buy a new wii and swap out the drives
wink.gif

disaster3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
radionds said:
If the Wii can't read the disc, it'll not spin the disc either.
I had the same problem, I replaced the laser and everything just worked all right when I had my wii.

I can absolutely confirm this. I have had alot of DREs on dvd-r some of them even didnot start to spin(they are most cheap and dirty on the layer). So, i've opened Wii and see how laser triedto phocus (moving up-down) then change position (click) and againtried to phocus. With very bad disks and some dvd+rw it didn't to spin at all and return NO DISK error.

I've solved the problem by replacing the laser pickup (30+$).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise