Hacking will R4i Gold Deluxe or 3DSLink match Gateway's unbrick service ?

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course the clones aren't going to offer a service like this, they haven't promised shit, and they don't have to. I'm still waiting for someone to send in their console to Gateway, so we can see the outcome of that.

Also, why are people still supporting Gateway? Until they start talking, they should be on everyone's hate list.
We might have to wait for 2 or more months before we actually see any results from Gateway's promise (mid-March?). Why? Because shipping anything to China takes at least 3 weeks (unless you want to spend $100+ on express shipping), and shipping it back to the owner would also take 3+ weeks, give or take a week to get through customs. Also, I see this as a great way for authorities to find and bust the Gateway team and charge them with circumventing software security and allowing for piracy.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We might have to wait for 2 or more months before we actually see any results from Gateway's promise (mid-March?). Why? Because shipping anything to China takes at least 3 weeks (unless you want to spend $100+ on express shipping), and shipping it back to the owner would also take 3+ weeks, give or take a week to get through customs. Also, I see this as a great way for authorities to find and bust the Gateway team and charge them with circumventing software security and allowing for piracy.
That's assuming they're stationed in China. Manufacturing happens there, that's about all we know.

I also doubt that the entire team is physically in the same place, or even the same country.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's assuming they're stationed in China. Manufacturing happens there, that's about all we know.

I also doubt that the entire team is physically in the same place, or even the same country.
Good point about them not being all in the same place. However, how hard would it be to actually send them a package that had a GPS transmitter to find them? Do the Chinese authorities even care? I don't know, but I can only assume that people who send them their consoles won't get a "happy ending".

Reactions: damysteryman

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good point about them not being all in the same place. However, how hard would it be to actually send them a package that had a GPS transmitter to find them? Do the Chinese authorities even care? I don't know, but I can only assume that people who send them their consoles won't get a "happy ending".
Locating them is one thing. Charging them is entirely another. Just for starters, whoever decides to track them probably won't be in the same country as them, meaning laws are different. On piracy, on copyright, on everything. Another point is that the hardware does nothing on its own. Unless you can place them, the hardware, and the firmware in the same place at the same time, and prove that they created all of it, any charges you try to bring against them are probably going to fall apart.

Reactions: Nightwish

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Whoever said we should try charging them?

I have been thinking the same idea as aXXo too for a while now. Someone should maybe try putting a small GPS tracker INSIDE a 3DS, and take them up on their so-called repair offer, and track said 3DS. We find the 3DS, we find this Gateway Team fuckers.

But then:
Rob the fuckers! :evil:
Take their source code (well that at the very least, and anything else you want from them too I guess :lol: ) and then release it online to the world. If this all goes down in China, I would not be surprised if you got away with it all. (Killing said fuckers is optional, your choice I suppose, but probably harder to get away with?)

plog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe there is hope:grog:

Yes, we are still working on a solution for the blue screen issue at the moment, will keep updated on our site once get any news, sorry for any inconvenience...

support@r4ids

Date: 2014-01-21 07:48

To: [email protected]

Subject: Blue Screen.

Hi there,

Are you working on a solution for the blue screen!

My 3DS is bricked by your flash card and software.

And many others.

So maybe it is time for you to do something about.

Help us please.

Best Regards,

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People may say whatever they want about the R4i clone, however their team has been much more prone to admit guilt, heck, they've warned people and apologised (refering to post above).
Gateway has their ass way up in the air, and should learn to apologise as well, oh, and also warn people not to use the bricked firmware.

Reactions: Huntereb

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People may say whatever they want about the R4i clone, however their team has been much more prone to admit guilt, heck, they've warned people and apologised (refering to post above).
Gateway has their ass way up in the air, and should learn to apologise as well, oh, and also warn people not to use the bricked firmware.

It's better for a company admit their mistakes than to try to cover them up with BS, unlike the Gateway team

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they would have admitted guilt then they would outright say we copied gateway's software
instead they upload old firmware and change the name to make it looks like an update (changing names is their specialty though)
but at least they put up the old firmware up for download which is more then I can say fr the gateway team

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe there is hope:grog:

Yes, we are still working on a solution for the blue screen issue at the moment, will keep updated on our site once get any news, sorry for any inconvenience...
support@r4ids
Translation: they can't unbrick anything.

keldoggg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
babyshambles.net
XP
Country
Am I missing something that has happened over the last few days guys? Are 3DS's getting routinely bricked???

I am running 2 x 3DS XL's with r4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Editions, firmware 2.0. Wood 1.64.

They consistently play every 3D ROM my boys have (except Pokemon & Zelda), so I'm guessing I'm lucky and I shouldn't update my cart firmware?

Cheers

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder where all the cloners send their bricked 3DSconsoles? I haven't seen r4 or 3dslink offer to help their customer fixing what they done...

Gateway all the way for me :bow:

At this time, no such unbrick service has been offered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE