Hacking will R4i Gold Deluxe or 3DSLink match Gateway's unbrick service ?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway has offered to unbrick any 3DS which was using a genuine Gateway card.
will R4i Gold Deluxe or 3DSLink match Gateway's unbrick service ?

Anyone know ?

They seem pretty silent on the matter.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really don't think so... by using the GW laucher is like they acknowledge that they do not know much about the 3DS insides... besides they have been pretty silent by now...

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway has offered to unbrick any 3DS which was using a genuine Gateway card.
will R4i Gold Deluxe or 3DSLink match Gateway's unbrick service ?

Anyone know ?

They seem pretty silent on the matter.

I wouldnt trust gateway to hold up that end of the deal
they will simply say a fake or modified file was use and charge you $100 for your troubles.
guaranteed.

Dont trust any company intentionally destroying your property, to then fix it.

Reactions: bostonBC

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But they can fix it remotely XD

Attention: Please don't use the firmware V3.0~V3.3 at the moment, which might cause a potential "blue screen" risk, we are still working on a solution for this critical issue, will fix it in the coming firmware V4.0(with mutiROM feature).

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..besides they have been pretty silent by now...
Actually, R4i seems to have said the most by saying the least (irony?) by posting a warning on their "Downloads" page warning users to not use firmwares 3.1-3.3 (r4i equivalents to Gateway's 2.02b) because of a potential blue screen error. Gatyeway, on the other hand, has made numerous posts blaming modified launcher files, clones, and EVEN people who have legitimate Gateways and have gotten bricks, AND Gateway encourages users to still use the brick-containing 2.02b firmware instead of the 2.01b firmware that doesn't contain any bricking code. All, in all, things are sure looking better for R4i than for Gateway.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All, in all, things are sure looking better for R4i than for Gateway.
It seems just plain silly to buy a card from a company that can't make their own firmware.
Gateway is the only company that makes their own firmware.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, R4i seems to have said the most by saying the least (irony?) by posting a warning on their "Downloads" page warning users to not use firmwares 3.1-3.3 (r4i equivalents to Gateway's 2.02b) because of a potential blue screen error. Gatyeway, on the other hand, has made numerous posts blaming modified launcher files, clones, and EVEN people who have legitimate Gateways and have gotten bricks, AND Gateway encourages users to still use the brick-containing 2.02b firmware instead of the 2.01b firmware that doesn't contain any bricking code. All, in all, things are sure looking better for R4i than for Gateway.

To keep silent because you were put in evidence of using others work is not precisely looking better..

I'm not defending GW, they are making a terrible mistake, but they have been in touch with their customers all this time and they even offered an unbrick solution, they are at least answering their customers with something, assuming everything is legit (like the unbricking solution)

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To keep silent because you were put in evidence of using others work is not precisely looking better..

I'm not defending GW, they are making a terrible mistake, but they have been in touch with their customers all this time and they even offered an unbrick solution, they are at least answering their customers with something, assuming everything is legit (like the unbricking solution)

Right and the R4i immediately removed the malicious firmware. I'd say that's way more in touch with their clients but hey keep risking your 3DS with 2.0b2 and ENJOY :D
Officially gateway is saying it's safe right?

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right and the R4i immediately removed the malicious firmware. I'd say that's way more in touch with their clients but hey keep risking your 3DS with 2.0b2 and ENJOY :D
Officially gateway is saying it's safe right?

They didn't remove the code, what people have said on here is that they repackaged old firmware that doesn't have the brick code and called it an update. I don't have a clone so not up on what's going on over there.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems just plain silly to buy a card from a company that can't make their own firmware.
I have no idea what your post has in relation to the part you were quoting in my post (" things are sure looking better for R4i than for Gateway"). That being said, I can't believe that people would buy clones of clones like the 3DSLink and 3DSOrange. The MT card seems to be the only one that comes close to Gateway's level of experience by actually creating their own firmware, although they probably did borrow a portion of their code from Gateway.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which firmware f**ks up legit users despite being "official". At this rate, there's no way for them to crawl outta the hole they dug themselves.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will MT-Card unbrick consoles caused by their cards?

Hard to say since their card has yet to brick a console.

MT>EveryoneElse

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GBAtemp = clone fans
Well .... a huge GBATemper normmatt is a very important part of the the 2 most popular clones (R4i and 3DSLink).
GBATemp is a clone friendly place.
With Gateway bricking all the clones .... it shouldn't be a big surprise that the general sentiments here are Anti-Gateway.

Ideally r4i makes their own flashcart and puts Gateway to shame.
For the time being, people should buy cards from people who can support them.
If you don't make your flashcart's firmware, you can't support the card.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Of course the clones aren't going to offer a service like this, they haven't promised shit, and they don't have to. I'm still waiting for someone to send in their console to Gateway, so we can see the outcome of that.

Also, why are people still supporting Gateway? Until they start talking, they should be on everyone's hate list.

Reactions: bostonBC

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well .... a huge GBATemper normmatt is a very important part of the the 2 most popular clones (R4i and 3DSLink).
GBATemp is a clone friendly place.
With Gateway bricking all the clones .... it shouldn't be a big surprise that the general sentiments here are Anti-Gateway.

Ideally r4i makes their own flashcart and puts Gateway to shame.
For the time being, people should buy cards from people who can support them.
If you don't make your flashcart's firmware, you can't support the card.

And yet, you continually disavow the fact legit Gateway users also got bricked while using *gasp* Gateway products. Devin is a prime example, he was given the product to review prior to release, and yet, his machine got bricked. He has a high rep around here, I sincerely hope you don't turn a blind eye on that little facet. Hate to break it to ya, but Gateway's days are numbered if they keep this immature sabotaging up.

Of course the clones aren't going to offer a service like this, they haven't promised shit, and they don't have to. I'm still waiting for someone to send in their console to Gateway, so we can see the outcome of that.

Also, why are people still supporting Gateway? Until they start talking, they should be on everyone's hate list.

Why are people still defending it? Simple, they're called sheeple, they'll do whatever it takes to defend what they hold dear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1