Will putting 2kg of Books on top of my Switch remove lé Bending?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by Der_Blockbuster, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Hello, as you can probably tell by the name of this thread - yes my Switch is bend.
    So I was wondering if using something heavy for like a few days on a flat surface, with the Switch covered in a microfiber cloth, will work, or could lead to damage?

Thanks!
    20180918_160442.

2. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Try to remove any trace of hack as possible, anbd send it to nintendo, they cover this issue

3. Bowl0l

Bowl0l GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2015
    Malaysia
    I thought the warping is caused by heat?
    If yes, applying force does nothing because the frame already switch to the bent shape as default form.

4. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    I didn't tamper with it to begin with, I just don't wanna get an iPatched unit.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is that true?
    Because I wouldn't say im a hardcore Switch player, I really didn't play often while Docked, I let it stay there for 2 Months.

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I think the bigger question here is: is this even an issue? If it's only noticeable if you look at it from the side on a flat surface, it doesn't get worse and it doesn't hinder the ability to insert it into the dock, I would honestly just leave it as is instead of trying potentially risky methods to get it just that tiny bit flatter.

Albytrozz and Asia81 like this.
  6. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    Also I think it helps that the curve is towards the player... all those people paying big money for curved mobile screens and then get upset when they get a free upgrade to it on their Switch :ha:

I have it too and it doesn't bother me... I'm MUCH more bothered by the teeny tiny little speck of dust I got under the screen guard, THAT is enough to bother me hahaha

Last edited by Albytrozz, Sep 30, 2018
    pandavova likes this.
  7. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    even if it did get flatter, you'd eventually warp it back anyways

DinohScene likes this.
  8. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    What about the dock then?
    Is there a way to fix it?

9. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Yeah you are probably right, I guess if this won't get worse I can live with that.

10. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    how is your dock positioned anyways? if heat is the issue here, you might wanna make sure it can suck in air from the back and extrude it away from that area through the top.

11. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Its sitting on a clear surface with enough space in every direction. #Cleanroom

12. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Okay to clear this up, apparently the bending is caused like @Bowl0l said, probably by Heat.
    When looking at the Switch inside the dock, it has about enough free space to every side, so probably not caused by the Dock, as I thought.