Gaming Will Pokemon Sword and Shield get review bombed?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It deserves so for being greedy. If they didn't want to have to cut the list of pokemons how about not creating appliances and keychains pokemons and keeping the list around the 600 or so that have an actual design and not things you can find at home.

rwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course it will people are stupid and childish.

the reason behind them not including the entire dex makes sense really. if they put in the entire dex people wouldn't really pay much attention to the new pokemon. [ /s]

Now what I think they are going to do and the only reason it makes any sense to not include the full dex is to release remakes of the previous games on the new engine.

Last edited by rwn,

SantaClaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think business requirements didn't give the team a realistic amount of time to create a game which meets fans' expectations. Maybe I'll buy the game second hand or maybe I'll borrow it off a friend. I'm not satisfied with what I believe the game's quality shall be based on what we know about it to date; I will not support it. With this said, those who vilify the development team should be suspended from the internet.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why review Bomb? It looks like an fucking amazing Game. Or is it because of this kiddish "Not all Pokemons are in Pokedex"?

That would be hilarious. From what I seen this is by far the best Pokemon, with a propper Graphic and stuff.

xbmcuser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt in Nintendo have mainly been hitting 9 and 10s on the Switch. They know about quality and what the customers want!

Remember they have ditched years of man effort on Metroid Switch and canned it to start again.

They will never risk there biggest cash cow being sub par

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why review Bomb? It looks like an fucking amazing Game. Or is it because of this kiddish "Not all Pokemons are in Pokedex"?

That would be hilarious. From what I seen this is by far the best Pokemon, with a propper Graphic and stuff.
LMFAO!
PROPPER GRAPGIC? :rofl2:

Man were you in a coma for 20 years or what?
This shit is Nintendo 64 level of graphics.

Last edited by NeoSlyde,

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if there's any other source of outrage towards these games besides the decision not to include the full national dex.

Honestly, as much as it sucks, I never imagined the internet to totally flip the way it did. It's actually kind of funny.

FWIW I don't think it's a decision that affects most buyers, just the diehard fans and the completionists. Is it an anti-consumer move? Not wholly. The fact that they haven't acquired some sort of extension or received further funding not to have to choose between new features and a complete dex is, but devs aren't able to magically work around the constraints of those handling the business side of things.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I guess, it is all about this kiddish Pokedex. Guess 99% of us won't care.

I am just hyped for this Open World / Graphic. Like a "real" Game this time.
Yeah Graphic is not RDR2, but no one ask for such. It is just a big improvement.

I will eventually buy it, if the Online Features are worth. But right now it seems they are kinda cool.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if there's any other source of outrage towards these games besides the decision not to include the full national dex.

Honestly, as much as it sucks, I never imagined the internet to totally flip the way it did. It's actually kind of funny.

FWIW I don't think it's a decision that affects most buyers, just the diehard fans and the completionists. Is it an anti-consumer move? Not wholly. The fact that they haven't acquired some sort of extension or received further funding not to have to choose between new features and a complete dex is, but devs aren't able to magically work around the constraints of those handling the business side of things.
Yeah there is other source of outrage, for exemple:
  • Stupid ass scenario for 10/6 Y.O kids
  • Looks like an upscaled Nintendo 64 game
  • Seriously 60$ for this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I guess, it is all about this kiddish Pokedex. Guess 99% of us won't care.

I am just hyped for this Open World / Graphic. Like a "real" Game this time.
Yeah Graphic is not RDR2, but no one ask for such. It is just a big improvement.

I will eventually buy it, if the Online Features are worth. But right now it seems they are kinda cool.
"eventually buy it" let's be honest noah, you ARE going to pirate it and that's all.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah there is other source of outrage, for exemple:
  • Stupid ass scenario for 10/6 Y.O kids
  • Looks like an upscaled Nintendo 64 game
  • Seriously 60$ for this?
Not sure what you mean by the first one.

I totally agree with the 2nd and 3rd points, but at the same time, this is Pokémon lol. People know what they are getting into. Sword and Shield are not the first generation to suffer from being seriously lacking graphically compared to other games of its time. I think they need to improve upon this big time to continue to survive as a franchise, but I don't expect it.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well at some point we get high-Quality Graphic Pokemon, but til then, be happy on what we get.

Also you not have to pay 60$, just be smart enough. You can get it as cheap as 40 $ from what I saw so far.

I guess you may can get lower. You should never pay the Full Price.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure what you mean by the first one.

I totally agree with the 2nd and 3rd points, but at the same time, this is Pokémon lol. People know what they are getting into. Sword and Shield are not the first generation to suffer from being seriously lacking graphically compared to other games of its time. I think they need to improve upon this big time to continue to survive as a franchise, but I don't expect it.
some leakers said that the story of sword and shield is very very childish and basic/simple/bland compared to Sun and Moon and X and Y.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why are you guys assuming they won't release the missing Pokemon (and a few new ones) as paid DLC further down the line?

kai98yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is that the more it will get review bombed the worse the next Pokemon game release will be... Because destructive negativity against something never turns into something good. It's like every war of human history. No war had ever produced something positive.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem is that the more it will get review bombed the worse the next Pokemon game release will be... Because destructive negativity against something never turns into something good. It's like every war of human history. No war had ever produced something positive.
War DID produced many things positive tho.
Without war i think that we won't even have this much technology and this much human rights.
Every war advances technology. Even wars of ancient times. WWII advanced computer technology incredibly. WWI advanced flight. Every war has done something to make technology better.

i assume you are very young to say this type of things.

Last edited by NeoSlyde,

kai98yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's just my opinion. And I don't like people justify their own opinion with their age. Young people can be wise and intelligent OR not. Also old people can be wise and intelligent OR not. ... BTW I know many old people that are also against war. AND being angainst war hasn't something to do with being emotional immature. It's just a opinion (Okay, maybe there is a little bit of black and white mentality, but it's an unsterstadable opinion). I'm a very self refelctive person. I understand the arguments of people who are see positive aspects in wars. But... saying I'm right because I'm old... That's emotional immature. That's like saying I'm right because I'm your boss, teacher, mom or whatever. ... I see the argument that old people have more life experience in most cases. But that doesn't mean there always right. Young people are often able to see things from a different angle or let go conservative beliefs. ...

EDIT: It's not the war that produced human rights. It's the insight that war isn't a good thing.

Last edited by kai98yoshi,
Reactions: NeoSlyde

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...