Will PlayStation Network ban you if you have cfw on PSP?

officialtk53

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that it's an old system and PSN isn't really necessary on PSP in 2022, but I plan on getting one, and will it ban you if you mod it and cfw? I just want to know before truly considering one.

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure you would lose any functionality if you didnt sign into PSN on a modded PSP.
Aside from downloading your previously purchased games, I'm not sure what else PSN would be used for on the PSP.
IIRC there aren't even achievements on PSP titles.

Reactions: Henchman1

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
I'm not sure you would lose any functionality if you didnt sign into PSN on a modded PSP.
Aside from downloading your previously purchased games, I'm not sure what else PSN would be used for on the PSP.
Multiplayer if any games are even still active, and I think a few games had patches that would affect even physical copies.

But not much overall, the system itself didn't keep a connection like modern systems. It only connected once you tried doing something that needed a connection.

So far unless you are hacking multiplayer games and cheating. Sony hasn't banned accounts for being on modded PSPs or Vitas. They have banned for hacked PS3s and PS4s.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
May you clarify? Do you mean if I directly install cheats to a multiplayer game or that said game will detect cfw and ban you?
if you directly install cheats to a multiplayer game
That's happen with any game\device
PSP should be still safe, official psp psn game servers all dead

Roze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This!
Post automatically merged:

Thx for this!
Post automatically merged:

Multiplayer if any games are even still active, and I think a few games had patches that would affect even physical copies.

But not much overall, the system itself didn't keep a connection like modern systems. It only connected once you tried doing something that needed a connection.

So far unless you are hacking multiplayer games and cheating. Sony hasn't banned accounts for being on modded PSPs or Vitas. They have banned for hacked PS3s and PS4s.
Ok thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night