Will other screen protectors work for the 3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Xirix, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Xirix
    OP

Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    I've tried some cheap crappy screen protectors for my 3DS XL, Techgear I think... almost impossible to put on without bubbles. I know Hori is the officially licensed one and is supposed to be pretty good, but from the look on the pictures its got a white outline for some reason, which will stand out like a sore thumb on my black 3DS XL.

I've heard some people have used Vita screen protectors for the top screen of the 3DS XL, are the screens similar size? If that would work I might try that instead, what's considered the best screen protector for Vita?

2. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    What white outline? There's no white outline.

Source: I have a Hori Pitahari on my 3DS XL.

3. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Best screen protector is the one I got on my phone, so thin and clear yet strong enough to withstand light scratches, I can't remember the brand anymore but they also make protectors for the PSP too.

The only drawback from being so thin and thus extremely clear is that it's only good for those who do not abuse their 3DS's with the stylus.

4. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    Buy the licenced hori screen protectors they are very easy to aply and no bubbles, they have a special thing on them to stop bubbles and get the perfect application.

5. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    No white outlines or anything. Basically any screen protector that isn't super cheap should suffice and they can be cut to fit the screen if it ain't designed for it. I bought bit more expensive tablet protector and cut out pieces for both 3DS XL and Wii U gamepad.

I also remember that I did buy Hori screen protectors at first, but lower screen protector weared out quickly for some reason and upper screen protector did nothing else than ruin stereo-3D completely. Maybe it was fake one, but the tablet protector has lasted pretty long.