Hacking Will Nintendo update my firmware if I send a console to them for repair?

wsquan171

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I recently purchased a 2DS form eBay, but its start and select buttons begin to malfunction sometimes. I have to squeeze upward to trigger them, rather than simply press them down. I bought this 2DS mainly to use GW with it because I have a lot of download games on my 3DS and I want to keep them safe and legit. I don't think the eBay seller would like to change a new one for me, seems my only choice is Nintendo. Does anybody know if I send my 2DS to Nintendo, will they upgrade my system?

Another thing: The nintendo website told me that my serial number is not in their database. Since I purchased it form a their party, dose it me I bought the 2DS with no warranty?

Sorry for my poor English, any answer will be helpful for me

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a 2DS form eBay, but its start and select buttons begin to malfunction sometimes. I have to squeeze upward to trigger them, rather than simply press them down. I bought this 2DS mainly to use GW with it because I have a lot of download games on my 3DS and I want to keep them safe and legit. I don't think the eBay seller would like to change a new one for me, seems my only choice is Nintendo. Does anybody know if I send my 2DS to Nintendo, will they upgrade my system?

Another thing: The nintendo website told me that my serial number is not in their database. Since I purchased it form a their party, dose it me I bought the 2DS with no warranty?

Sorry for my poor English, any answer will be helpful for me

Most likely Nintendo will update the console. Your best bet is to contact the seller.

You can open the 2ds and clean/replace the start and select button too

wsquan171

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Most likely Nintendo will update the console. Your best bet is to contact the seller.

You can open the 2ds and clean/replace the start and select button too

Thank you. Maybe I'd better try to clean it my self first. So may I ask if I buy a console form a third seller, there's a great chance that my console won't be registered in Nintendo'd database? I'm curious that won't consoles got registered when third party sellers bought them from nintendo or nintendo acknowledged sellers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: