Will Nintendo DSi have its own kind of games?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Jakob95, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009
  1. Jakob95
    OP

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Hey who guys here think that the DSi will have its own kind of games and it will be like a new console with its own games. Or do you think the DSi is just a upgrade to the DS lite and will only play DS games and will not have its own games. Or you think that the DSi will have only a little bit of its own games that are used with the special new features like the camera.

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    The way I understand it, the DSi will have games that have special features (camera, improved WiFi, etc.) released for it, but they will still work in a regular DS, sans the special features.

The only DSi exclusives will be the DSiware download stuff that you have to actually PAY for.

I don't know anything for certain though, but that's what I've been hearing. I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

3. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

only on the dsi shop i think

4. Moots

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    Who cares? Thats what I say. If you are willing to fork over the cash for one of these you are another sucker.

Camera gimmick? They have been pushing cameras since what? The GBC? and there has not been one for consoles or handhelds that have been anything more than a gimmick.

Stick with the DSL, cheaper and has everything you need.

5. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    No Slot-2 is a drawback although the promo vid does look very good.

6. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Called good marketing...

I do wish to see what sort of games they will be able to do via DSiWare. Maybe World of Goo which I hear people would think would make a good DS game.

7. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    There was an article on Gonintendo from an official press release that said that the DSi WOULD receive its own games, which would apparently not work on regular DS and not be DSiware.

8. Moots

Member Moots The Incredible Sulk

Canada
    the DSi will not be able to run World of goo, I can promise you that.

9. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if the dsi has it's own games that aren't DSi ware that is going to be stupid.
    nintendo should have added 2 extra button to the DSi and made it a 8 button system.
    that way it would have been a whole new system.

the only reason i might get one is for the hacking that is going to be done and so i can make sure idon't update the firmware every time there is a update.

10. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Here was the proof of DSi specific games:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=73136

It's very clear that these games are NOT DSiware and will NOT work on regular DSes.

According to Narin, the DSi has a processor twice as powerful as the original model. And it has 16MB of memory so I'm told. It's at least got a bit of a reason for these games, but is still a pretty pathetic excuse for a new system.

11. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    this is one of the reasons DSi is going to be stupid it's own game that aren't DSiware.
    they should have just added to extra buttons to make it 9 buttons.two buttons next to where ABXY.a Z button where the R button is like the gamecube had so it could have been like it's own system in a better way.

12. Man18

Member Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i hope its nothing like the PS2 eyetoy

13. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Arent the DSi cameras supposed to have some sort of motion and face recognition ability on them? I remember reading that somewhere, I dont know if it was just a rumour though.

If so yes it will have its own custom games, and expect to see loads of people in public thrashing around like fools.

14. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    DSi seems pointless ( to me) so far, but if World of Goo is on it, then damn it it's a day-1 purchase [​IMG]

15. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    I'm waiting for the next generation. The dsi is just a light upgrade to the lite.

16. Jakob95
    OP

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Well that will be stupid if it will have its own games. I just bought my new DS lite like 2 months ago... Nintendo is out of there mind just for money. And the DSi is like $170 that is expensive I rather than just buy the PSP which is like 100-120(I mean the old phat Psp). Also the 2nd Psp is only 140 so you rather just buy that. The DSi and the Psp 3000 are the same price usually nintendo is cheaper than Sony not this time I see... And is the DSi going to have internel memory or only external?

17. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Most likely only the DSi Ware, thats if you consider them proper games. However some games may have extra features, that if you have a DSi, like taking a picture of yourself for a save icon, or something lame and pointless like that.

18. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    I'm absolutely sure people will have the decency to do that in the privacy of their own homes.

19. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    If it's true that the DSi will have a higher res screen, then it won't work for older DS models.

20. pbz89

Newcomer pbz89 Newbie

United States

Well next gen for all the hacking yes but maybe not next gen for handhelds. Well since the dsi has 2 times the power of the current ds then think of the possiblities that they can do on it like for example run games much smoother better graphics. They might make a new GTA for it spcially since it can render a whole lot more than the ds lite.