Hacking Will Nintendo ban me for playing Sm4sh online with GW

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna download a Sm4sh ROM from "that one iso site" and put it on my Gateway. Then I'll play online everyday with it. will Nintendo ban me?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your going to get a 15 day ban like everyone else

Just do what the above poster said...or just don't be a pirate and actually buy the game and support the developers

Reactions: cvskid and NEP

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't get banned if you use .cia

Nobody has reported being banned using .cia so far.

Just because they HAVEN'T started banning for it, doesn't mean that they WON'T in the future. The second you hack up your console, you're at risk of banning, basically until the system's dead weight.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because they HAVEN'T started banning for it, doesn't mean that they WON'T in the future. The second you hack up your console, you're at risk of banning, basically until the system's dead weight.

The bans are coming from using public headers and .cia files don't have headers. Unless they find a new way to detect if it's a rom or not then .cia files are safe for now

Reactions: Margen67

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bans are coming from using public headers and .cia files don't have headers. Unless they find a new way to detect if it's a rom or not then .cia files are safe for now

Operative words there being "for now". This certainly could change at any point in time. EDIT: don't get me wrong, I run .cia's online myself, but I know the risk, and I'm not going to be upset if I end up banned because of it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I played Smash online with a public header at first and then switched to a private header. No ban :)
I don't think you realize how easy it is for them to check if you're using a pirated cia. They have your eShop purchase history, they just have to check the game against that and they can be 100% sure whether you pirated the game or not. I consider private headers safer, the only way they could detect those is if they have a database of which headers correspond to which games.
That being said, they could go the other route and simply detect the patches in GW Mode, then it wouldn't matter what you do to prevent it.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Operative words there being "for now". This certainly could change at any point in time. EDIT: don't get me wrong, I run .cia's online myself, but I know the risk, and I'm not going to be upset if I end up banned because of it.

"For now" also applies even to private headers, because we don't know what method Nintendo uses to ban people, and if they wanted, I'm pretty sure they could find a way to ban any pirated game.

Reactions: Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are taking my posts the wrong way. We are using flashcarts (sky/gateway) that have piracy as one of their main features. If Nintendo wants to ban pirates from online play then obviously they can.

I just answered the OP question "will I get banned for playing smash online". I gave an exact answer of what the current situation is:
~ public headers = not safe
~ private headers = safe
~ cia = safe

If times change then this answer is obviously going to change

Hell Nintendo may find a way to detect if your using a flash cart at all (even offline) and send a nice brick your way. You never know

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People would have said public headers were safe before the bans started coming.

There's no such thing. You accept the risk of getting your console banned if you play pirated games. It doesn't matter how you do it. It is 100% detectable.

Reactions: Ra1d and Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People would have said public headers were safe before the bans started coming.

There's no such thing. You accept the risk of getting your console banned if you play pirated games. It doesn't matter how you do it. It is 100% detectable.

Not if you play the pirated games offline ;)

Reactions: Margen67 and Ra1d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things