Hardware will New 3ds have a short life cycle?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately we didn't get a second analog slider, but a thumb pad is better than nothing I suppose. Better luck next time, Big N?

I have no problems with the new C-Stick, it's actually quite responsive, and on a mainstream console with two analogs you're really only controlling your view in FPS like games anyway. I can't really see a need for a full second analog on a portable console such as this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have no problems with the new C-Stick, it's actually quite responsive, and on a mainstream console with two analogs you're really only controlling your view in FPS like games anyway. I can't really see a need for a full second analog on a portable console such as this.
Only FPS games? What about TPP games? What about 3D platformers of all-sorts? Anything with a camera that you can control, really. The CPP is far superior to the thumb pad, at least for me. Not that there's anything wrong with the thumb pad, a full slider would just be better.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only FPS games? What about TPP games? What about 3D platformers of all-sorts? Anything with a camera that you can control, really. The CPP is far superior to the thumb pad, at least for me. Not that there's anything wrong with the thumb pad, a full slider would just be better.

I couldn't think of any other examples but yeah anything with camera control. I think the positioning of it is more unfortunate than it's size. It works really well in MM and saves space to still make it portable. Having a full size would make it similar to carying a WiiU controller around I think.

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Their hardware costs almost 3 times more than its specs would suggest.

I think it's still cheaper than the Wii was and it's about as powerful as the Wii so it's not that bad. I would've preferred Japans price though.

1. The reason even the New 3DS "struggles" with Xenoblade, has nothing to do with CPU cores and RAM amount (the things New 3DS improved). The GPU is the culprit (GPU is the same in both handhelds. Not even a mild clock boost). As for the resolution downgrade, it is obvious it is a matter of screen assets as well. The point is that the bottleneck is the gpu and the screen resolution, and those are the same in both models...
Do you even know how much more advanced the Pica200 is to the Wii's? They're not even in the same league.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Lol