Hacking Will my M3i Zero break my 3ds

Rust1n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading around and seeing people talking about how the activity log, logs your flashcart and when you update your system nintendo will brick it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ItsMetaKnight said:
i wouldn't do this
they might brick your console or at least ban you from everything online
There is no might brick your console, they legally can't do that.
Hell they can't even force you to update either. All they can do is lock you out till you do update.

Rust1n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thank you this seems to be similar to the banning of people who flash the xbox drives and play pirated games, they get banned from live but the console still works. So I am assuming that if I update after they try to stop me from using internet services all the ban will be lifted correct?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo hasn't banned anybody yet, so we don't know how they'll do it.

It's unlikely that the ban will be lifted after you update the firmware (as no other console works like that, and there's often hacks for the latest firmware anyways so that's no proof you're not still hacked since if you got banned they know you can do it in the first place).

Rust1n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant like I thought it was funny that you have other people draw for you. It makes you sound "like a BOSS"

D

Deleted User

A Gay Little Catboy said:
.... Nintendo can not, i repeat can not brick your system. It's both a stupid move for them and illegal if they even tried to brick your system.
What is this law? A lot of people seem to be saying it is illegal for Nintendo to 'brick' your system. I'm not having a go at you Catboy but I think some citation is needed.

But then again the Activity log seems to be spyware to me.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Saturnplanet5 said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
.... Nintendo can not, i repeat can not brick your system. It's both a stupid move for them and illegal if they even tried to brick your system.
What is this law? A lot of people seem to be saying it is illegal for Nintendo to 'brick' your system. I'm not having a go at you Catboy but I think some citation is needed.

But then again the Activity log seems to be spyware to me.
Bricking your system is cyber terrorism

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Saturnplanet5 said:
Willful and malicious property damage is illegal in all the states IIRC (it seems to be a state law, not a federal one).

Nelhew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Objection!

Read the warning label on your 3DS people. They can render the system to brick partially.

That's why I still play all my games on my DS.

My 3DS is now stashed away waiting for Resident Evil and the other goodies coming soon.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nelhew said:
Objection!

Read the warning label on your 3DS people. They can render the system to brick partially.

That's why I still play all my games on my DS.

My 3DS is now stashed away waiting for Resident Evil and the other goodies coming soon.
No, the games, manual etc. use the term "may render your 3ds unplayable". Same as usual.

I read the Internet Update agreement they present to you.
It's funny stuff.
The agreement you accept when you update says that after an update, your illegal ways of using illegal things illegally will be blocked.

Rust1n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I think it would be a bad idea for nintendo to immediately banish hackers from online services considering that the 3ds would have only have been out for three months by the time of the update. So I feel as if a warning should be revealed before instead of a straight permaban. So like maybe a few weeks of banning for the first time and longer each time so the consumer can understand and continue to buy their products instead of being shut down and not caring to purchase anything from them anymore.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rust1n said:
I have been reading around and seeing people talking about how the activity log, logs your flashcart and when you update your system nintendo will brick it.

Then they will bathe you in unicorn blood while singing Moon River.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs