Will my M3 Zero play GBA Roms, and how can I get it to work?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by tinman1981, Dec 26, 2010.

1. tinman1981
    OP

tinman1981 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    Hello,

I have an M3 Zero and I noticed that there is a menu option to play GBA games. I have downloaded a few games and put them on the card, but I am not able to get the games to play. How acn I get these games to work? Do I need additional hardware? Can someone please help? Thanks.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Ready for summer!

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    No it will not play GBA games without a slot 2 card like 3in1, the GBA pack or a slot-2 flashcard.
    EDIT: Also around here we try to avoid using custom posts.

3. tinman1981
    OP

tinman1981 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    Does anyone have a suggestion for the best Slot 2 card that I can use just to play games. I already have the M3 Zero for my DS games. I am looking mainly for support with GBA games. Thanks

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Ready for summer!

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Either the M3 GBA card or Ez-Flash 3in1, but I believe that one requires a homebrew to work on M3i Zero.
    Edit: I never tested 3in1 with M3 Cards so I am not sure if it's true or not, but I believe you can't use 3in1, unless you run it though GBA explorer. But I can't back that up nor even find the thread I read that on

5. Saionji

Saionji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2010
    Ukraine
    Maybe after hack DSi mode we will get emulator...
    But now it wont... M3i Zero cant boot GBA roms without 2-slot card.

6. powered_by_tux

powered_by_tux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2008
    Gambia, The
    If you have an M3, you are off best with a M3 GBA Expansion. It integrates perfectly into the Sakura firmware and allows to use the whole array of features provided by the expansion. As was already said, the EZ 3-in-1 requires a third-party tool that has already been abandoned and it allows you to play games at most, i.e. no cheats, no RTS.

The EZ 3-in-1 on the other hand works better with cards other than an M3, some don't even require that third-party tool. The M3 GBA Expansion is limited to work with M3 cards (correct me, if wrong). So, if you intend to stay with your M3 for a while, the M3 Expansion is a good choice.

7. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    dstwo may help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice