Will my M3 Zero play GBA Roms, and how can I get it to work?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by tinman1981, Dec 26, 2010.

1. tinman1981
    OP

Newcomer tinman1981 Newbie

United States
    Hello,

I have an M3 Zero and I noticed that there is a menu option to play GBA games. I have downloaded a few games and put them on the card, but I am not able to get the games to play. How acn I get these games to work? Do I need additional hardware? Can someone please help? Thanks.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    No it will not play GBA games without a slot 2 card like 3in1, the GBA pack or a slot-2 flashcard.
    EDIT: Also around here we try to avoid using custom posts.

3. tinman1981
    OP

Newcomer tinman1981 Newbie

United States
    Does anyone have a suggestion for the best Slot 2 card that I can use just to play games. I already have the M3 Zero for my DS games. I am looking mainly for support with GBA games. Thanks

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Either the M3 GBA card or Ez-Flash 3in1, but I believe that one requires a homebrew to work on M3i Zero.
    Edit: I never tested 3in1 with M3 Cards so I am not sure if it's true or not, but I believe you can't use 3in1, unless you run it though GBA explorer. But I can't back that up nor even find the thread I read that on

5. Saionji

Member Saionji GBAtemp Regular

Ukraine
    Maybe after hack DSi mode we will get emulator...
    But now it wont... M3i Zero cant boot GBA roms without 2-slot card.

6. powered_by_tux

Member powered_by_tux GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If you have an M3, you are off best with a M3 GBA Expansion. It integrates perfectly into the Sakura firmware and allows to use the whole array of features provided by the expansion. As was already said, the EZ 3-in-1 requires a third-party tool that has already been abandoned and it allows you to play games at most, i.e. no cheats, no RTS.

The EZ 3-in-1 on the other hand works better with cards other than an M3, some don't even require that third-party tool. The M3 GBA Expansion is limited to work with M3 cards (correct me, if wrong). So, if you intend to stay with your M3 for a while, the M3 Expansion is a good choice.

7. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

dstwo may help