Will my Flash 2 Advance card boot up on DS Lite?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Adent, Jan 28, 2007.

Jan 28, 2007
  1. Adent
    OP

Adent Newbie

Okay I'm finally going to buy a DS Lite but I still want to play GBA games. Will the Flash 2 Advance Card boot up in a DS Lite without the need of a passcard? I'm not getting rid of my GBA but if I could just carry around a DSL with both the R4 and F2A then it would be more convenient. If the F2A does boot up in a DSL will it boot up in a DSL from the passme option in the R4 gui?

To clarify further I am not looking to boot up DS games from my F2A card. Also would you recommend buying a $22 Sandisk 1gb Micro SD over a $12 kingston 1gb micro sd? I don't care about that one castelvania game but I don't want to get a card thats going to crap out on me either.

2. rippon

Newcomer rippon Member

United States
    Yup, mine F2A works just fine for GBA games without a passcard. If I recall, I think I also used it with the original passme kit to do homebrew way back in the day, but that might have been a different flash kit.

Also, the Kingston 1GB microSD is GREAT, don't spend the extra money for the Sandisk.

3. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    Why would Kingston make memory cards that "crap out"?
    Some people are brand loyal or recognize a brand and trust it immediately, and I understand it and might even do the same.

But I'd go with the Kingston. It's cheaper.

4. Adent
    OP

Adent Newbie

The price just seemed too good to be true. [​IMG] I just ordered the Kingston 1gb micro SD from New EGG and the R4 DS from modchipstore.com. Now I just have to track down a DS which is very scarce. [​IMG]