Will my Acekard 2i work on a new 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Davey87, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011
  1. Davey87
    OP

Newcomer Davey87 Member

United Kingdom
    Hey all [​IMG]

I currently have a Nintendo DSi XL. I am also thinking of buying a 3DS. Obviously
    I would want my flashcard to work. I was just wondering, will the one I bought
    for my XL work on the 3DS? Or do I have to buy another card?

Any advice would be great. The acekard 2i says DSi compatible on the front,
    but not 3DS!

Dave

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Out of the box: NO

After updating the flashcart: Maybe, depends on how new a system update is.

3. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Go to the Acekard site and download the latest update, put it in the root of your SD card and run it on your DSi. Once that's finished it should work with the latest update for the 3DS, showing either a Chessmaster icon or a Dorasu icon (I'm not quite sure which it is, another member here can confirm which it is.)

NOTE: NEVER update your 3DS before making sure your card works, just come to the forums and look for the thread about the update and check and see if your card will work, if not then don't update your 3DS until the Acekard site (acekard.com) has the firmware update that will work with your 3DS version.

4. Shuji1987

Member Shuji1987 ~

Netherlands
    It will work on all versions of the 3DS as of now. You will probably have to update your flashcard but you can do that with your current DSi. So there is no reason for it not to work.

5. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i am sure the acekard 2i you already bought can work on your 3DS as well,
    http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw...ds21_DSi143.zip here is ak update patch for DSi V1.43 and 3DS V2.1.0--4. so you can use it to update your ak2i. by the way, you need to get a DS or DSi(should < V1.43 firmware ) console to update the card.