Hacking Question Will linking my Nintendo account ban my switch?

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I mean, if this one does get banned i could always contact customer support! I'm not doing anything wrong with this one
Ok, this is from 1 month ago, but just in case I will leave this anyways:
Nintendo doesn't consider that they are banning a console, they consider that they are banning the access of a user to online services
They could ban your IP, your user, they can ban just anything related to you, so they can change their mind and ban that console anyways and you can't do anything
More details here (This are also the only reasons of why the would ban you except for illegal purchases on the eShop which isn't here but yes on the support page): https://www.nintendo.com/nintendoaccount/code-of-conduct

Reactions: HolyHobo

HolyHobo

That guy you see around but don't know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is from 1 month ago, but just in case I will leave this anyways:
Nintendo doesn't consider that they are banning a console, they consider that they are banning the access of a user to online services
They could ban your IP, your user, they can ban just anything related to you, so they can change their mind and ban that console anyways and you can't do anything
More details here (This are also the only reasons of why the would ban you except for illegal purchases on the eShop which isn't here but yes on the support page): https://www.nintendo.com/nintendoaccount/code-of-conduct

Interesting... my new console hasn’t been banned yet... im still enjoying smash bros. online!

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was my attempt to play the leaked copy of Smash online that finally made them decide to ban my console but I knew they'd probably do it. I just wanted to see if the copy worked at all. I played it for like ten minutes and uninstalled it. They sure took their time.

nakoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently linked my account with family online in my switch with kosmos and claimed gold points from my own physical games. I thought i got banned months ago...
I'm playing online sometimes but with my physical copies.

Don't care about a console banning since i just "banned myself" because i'll buy another switch and in case that i'm account banned, my subscription is on family plan so i can create another account and link it to it in the worst case scenario.

My plan i to buy the switch revision and link this account and let the other switch to let other people play in my house with me without the need that they have the game or the switch.

Still not banned.

PS: Forgot to mention that i'm using AutoRCM and updated not burning fuses (or so... i'm using cartridges :'D)
PS: Also went to eshop, downloaded demos from various regions and updated game backups via eshop.

Last edited by nakoh,

olixus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but maybe my fellow tempers have some insight. I have 2 switches now, I have one that I got launch day that I installed SXOS on and due to my stupidity that console got banned with my Nintendo account still attached to it. I just bought the new super smash bros. switch bundle and I'm a little worried that linking my old nintendo account will get that one banned as well. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and accept that my digital purchase of splatoon and other games is locked on my banned switch. But what do you guys think?
No you will be fine as long as you don’t use cfw you have purchased on that account Nintendo would be doing wrong to ban that account and your switch. So you should be safe I have another switch with sx os with that account on it and my new switch hasn’t been banned so your fine

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

I got a modded Switch with ReiNX (I updated to 6.2.0 like a month ago), as far as I know I'm not banned, never updated games using Nintendo Servers, never played online.

My brother bought a new Switch with Splatoon 2 to play Online, so I'm wondering if I could transfer my Splatoon 2 save game (from the modded Switch) using the cloud and the free online trial to my brother's console.

Could that put his console in the black list?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

I got a modded Switch with ReiNX (I updated to 6.2.0 like a month ago), as far as I know I'm not banned, never updated games using Nintendo Servers, never played online.

My brother bought a new Switch with Splatoon 2 to play Online, so I'm wondering if I could transfer my Splatoon 2 save game (from the modded Switch) using the cloud and the free online trial to my brother's console.

As long as the save file wasn't modified in any way, it should be fine.

EDIT: Nevermind Splatoon 2 doesn't even support cloud saving as indicated below.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

Splatoon 2 doesn't support cloud backup so no that won't work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1