Hacking Question Will linking my Nintendo account ban my switch?

HolyHobo

That guy you see around but don't know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but maybe my fellow tempers have some insight. I have 2 switches now, I have one that I got launch day that I installed SXOS on and due to my stupidity that console got banned with my Nintendo account still attached to it. I just bought the new super smash bros. switch bundle and I'm a little worried that linking my old nintendo account will get that one banned as well. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and accept that my digital purchase of splatoon and other games is locked on my banned switch. But what do you guys think?

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo is not banning accounts, so probably no.
Thats what i thought so as well, but I saw this thing where shiny quagsires entire nintendo account would ban other consoles. I mean, Its possible i wont get banned since my 3ds and wiiu are still linked to the same nintendo account and arent banned, but im just trying to take efforts to make sure this one doesnt turn into a $300 paperweight

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issue you may have is the fact that you can only have your account linked to one switch at a time.
Other than that Nintendo really has no reason to ban a separate switch that uses the same account. Otherwise they would have just issued an account ban.
Does them better too, because if you move your account to a new switch that can't be hacked, then they still have a chance to make money from your purchases.

Reactions: HolyHobo

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issue you may have is the fact that you can only have your account linked to one switch at a time.
Other than that Nintendo really has no reason to ban a separate switch that uses the same account. Otherwise they would have just issued an account ban.
Does them better too, because if you move your account to a new switch that can't be hacked, then they still have a chance to make money from your purchases.
I mean, if this one does get banned i could always contact customer support! I'm not doing anything wrong with this one

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but maybe my fellow tempers have some insight. I have 2 switches now, I have one that I got launch day that I installed SXOS on and due to my stupidity that console got banned with my Nintendo account still attached to it. I just bought the new super smash bros. switch bundle and I'm a little worried that linking my old nintendo account will get that one banned as well. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and accept that my digital purchase of splatoon and other games is locked on my banned switch. But what do you guys think?
Should be fine.

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if this one does get banned i could always contact customer support! I'm not doing anything wrong with this one
mmmm this sounds very good solution and tactic to try to be unbanned from Nintendo, It could works, your never know, if you try and work, please let us know, I think every owner of a banned Switch should try this tactic, I hope that Nintendo never see this mjs :evil::rofl2::rofl2::yayswitch::switch:

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
you can have your account linked to more switches at once, but just one as main, others will need to connect to open digital games

Reactions: Erol

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Your account is in the black list now, so if u link with your new switch, eventually ur switch gona gt banned

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your account is in the black list now, so if u link with your new switch, eventually ur switch gona gt banned
If that was the case wouldnt my hacked 3ds and wiiu have been banned by name? They're both linked to my nintendo account

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, my switch still haven’t been banned! So, I guess it’s safe!

Bogan_Mike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nintendo is not banning accounts, so probably no.
Actually yes they are.

I once downloaded an update to a pirated game when and was banned but, when I formatted my switch and signed in with a different account, I was able to log into the eshop and play online.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Actually yes they are.

I once downloaded an update to a pirated game when and was banned but, when I formatted my switch and signed in with a different account, I was able to log into the eshop and play online.
And when was that? And can you update?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually yes they are.

The serial number on your switch is banned, not your account

Bogan_Mike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And when was that? And can you update?
About a few months ago. And yea I can still update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

His console cert is banned, not his S/N nor account (but that one can be banned)
But it's not banned. I can use the eshop, downoad updates and play online.

The only thing that was banned was a nintendo account.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
About a few months ago. And yea I can still update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But it's not banned. I can use the eshop, downoad updates and play online.

The only thing that was banned was a nintendo account.
That's what was happening a few months ago, but ninty then started to elevate all bans to cert bans (iirc).

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...