Hacking Will it be hard to make my Wii current?

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my Wii as far as homebrew goes in the last 6 or so months. If I wanted to install all the current homebrew apps and IOSes etc do I have to do any housecleaning like delete old ones or uninstall certain wads etc?

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not very hard.If your on 3.2 it's very easy.If your on 3.3 or 3.4 it's a bit more work.Follow some guides and you'll be up to date in no time.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never uninstall a system IOS.

Most wads (like cIOS Installer) don't need to be uninstalled before installing the updated version. You can usually just skip right to the latest and run it to make it work.

Best advice: Read.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sharpz said:
Not very hard.If your on 3.2 it's very easy.If your on 3.3 or 3.4 it's a bit more work.Follow some guides and you'll be up to date in no time.

Well I'm on 3.2. I know I have starfall installed (should I uninstall it?) and I know I have some custom IOSes but for the life of me I wouldn't know which.

What SHOULD I install to make my Wii current (I want to play the new PunchOut badly) and what channels, IOSes and/or wads should I get?

Posts merged

Posts merged

QUOTE(Summersett @ Mar 30 2009, 10:00 PM) Never uninstall a system IOS.

Most wads (like cIOS Installer) don't need to be uninstalled before installing the updated version. You can usually just skip right to the latest and run it to make it work.

Best advice: Read.

Yeah.. before I hacked my Wii I spent a VERY long time reading EVERYTHING on this board about what to do and how to do it. So now that it's been 6 months I'm overwhelmed and scared to dive in again.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would stay on 3.2U and keep StarFall (actually this is what I am on.)

If you have a cIOS, cIOS36 rev09 is now out, so you could update that.

You can play the new PunchOut! game, just see if it will load on your Wii. If it doesn't, you can use WiiScrubber to see which IOS's the game uses and then compare to the IOS's on your Wii using AnyTitle Deleter. If it uses an IOS you don't have yet, extract it from the ISO and install it through Wad Manager 1.3.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm thinking of