Hardware Will it be hard to get a switch if you don't get one on launch?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Barring something unforeseen, they should be plentiful by Summer.

The Nesmini is different because it's so cheap and has cross-generational appeal.
(and nintendo greatly underestimated demand here, probably not so with switch)

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to say, from my experience nintendo tends to keep the stock low to drive up demand. I believe it should be easy to get in a few months.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

European retailers have it all in stock for their RRP prices so I'm inclined to say it might not run out of stock like the Mini NES did.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Our goal is to make sure the consumer who wants to buy a Switch in the coming launch week(s), can walk into a retailer and do just that" -Reggie

Do you trust Reggie or not?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Breath of the Wild is, five hours in, an enthralling and surprising experience, and the stories being shared among those playing it at GameSpot are all vastly different. Even though we are all playing the same game, we are envious of each other's unique experiences. Breath of the Wild embodies the freedom and danger that made the first Zelda game so enthralling, and captures the feeling of awe that came when Ocarina of Time hit the scene, in this case by layering unspoken variables into seemingly every facet of the game. Based on our early impressions, it's safe to say that Breath of the Wild will forever change what people expect from the series.
With quotes like this for Breath of the Wild from gamespot, it might fly of the shelfs.

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions like these invite speculating on speculations...

Nobody knows. Gamers (we're odd creatures), especially the Nintendo followers. There're zero reasons to get a Switch at launch unless you're dying to play a new Zelda (and don't have a Wiiu), or love to simulate milking cows.
But, if Nintendo does what Nintendo does, then their crazy Amiibo tactics may work. Of course, Amiibo shelves are now filled everywhere and nobody wants them...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat, actually, initially I did preorder, but unforeseen circumstances caused me to cancel it. However, I still nevertheless, have concerns about getting one without a preorder. I talked to my brother on this and suggested that I be patient and wait before I get one, or that rather, there will be more stock at some point. Should I still be worried? I don't want another Wii BS situation.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat, actually, initially I did preorder, but unforeseen circumstances caused me to cancel it. However, I still nevertheless, have concerns about getting one without a preorder. I talked to my brother on this and suggested that I be patient and wait before I get one, or that rather, there will be more stock at some point. Should I still be worried? I don't want another Wii BS situation.
I think it'll be possible to walk in and get one on release day at some retail locations (Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart). Just a matter of showing up at the midnight launch or early in the morning before they open. Beyond that I'd say a month or a month and a half at most before they'll be restocked on shelves.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"Our goal is to make sure the consumer who wants to buy a Switch in the coming launch week(s), can walk into a retailer and do just that" -Reggie
Do you trust Reggie or not?

I do not.
They promised the same thing with the Wii, and then there were shortages for months.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah man it could be almost impossible to get one in the 1st four years if you don't get now, the whole universe wants this badly aaahhhhhhhh 1 billion sales inc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol