Hacking Will installing unsigned dlc have a chance of bricking your Wii U?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the Discord server told me that, they were probably trying to scare me off piracy, thanks alot!
I recommend not hanging out at random discord servers. Stick to GBAtemp for console modding news since this is where most homebrew developers congregate their plans.

I'll never understand why people go to YouTube, Reddit, 4chan, etc for haxxx news when it all originates from here (most of the time, if not all the time.)

Reactions: jbuck1975

MFGxDiamondLife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend not hanging out at random discord servers. Stick to GBAtemp for console modding news since this is where most homebrew developers congregate their plans.

I'll never understand why people go to YouTube, Reddit, 4chan, etc for haxxx news when it all originates from here (most of the time, if not all the time.)
Ok, thanks a lot

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been hearing that from a particular user on Discord as well, claims to have bricked RedNAND 3 times due to a corrupt DLC.
As xtheman said, you can't brick by game/updates/DLC installations. It will either reject it, or install just fine. This is the main reason why RedNAND is useless for anyone who isn't a dev. Don't believe in such nonsense, these newcomers who think they know what they're talking about. It pisses me off because it comes from mods who run the place, and it's their say in everything when it comes to what's right or wrong, and what's mandatory. When they haven't even been following the scene for at least over a year.

Last edited by MattKimura,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I been hearing that from a particular user on Discord as well, claims to have bricked RedNAND 3 times due to a corrupt DLC.
As xtheman said, you can't brick by game/updates/DLC installations. It will either reject it, or install just fine. This is the main reason why RedNAND is useless for anyone who isn't a dev. Don't believe in such nonsense, these newcomers who think they know what they're talking about.
RedNAND tends to brick itself though from what I heard...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water