Hacking Will illegitimate games installed with FBI be unuseable anymore after uninstalling CFW?

Momoro

The Dark One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to uninstall CFW, but I would like to know if it would render illegitimate games useless. (I can't play anymore..?)

Momoro

The Dark One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you want to uninstall? There's no point to removing CFW.

I just don't like it.. I get "error codes" all the time, for random things that I never got before I installed CFW --Which sometimes makes me think these errors aren't "errors", just spam messages. (I know they aren't, but I'd like to think it's something malicious.)

So, if I had a legit Pokemon Omega Ruby .cia file lying around, (Ripped from a cart..) would it be rendered useless or would it still work, because isn't it technically still legit? Or am I missing something? Thanks :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't like it.. I get "error codes" all the time, for random things that I never got before I installed CFW --Which sometimes makes me think these errors aren't "errors", just spam messages. (I know they aren't, but I'd like to think it's something malicious.)

So, if I had a legit Pokemon Omega Ruby .cia file lying around, (Ripped from a cart..) would it be rendered useless or would it still work, because isn't it technically still legit? Or am I missing something? Thanks :)
Because ofw hides thoes errors from the user cfw does not let's figure out these errors and try and fix them for u

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are not legit rips. Never will be. They will not work. Nintendo has patched out that way of installing cia files from those as it is.

Reactions: fmkid

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because ofw hides thoes errors from the user cfw does not let's figure out these errors and try and fix them for u
yeah this is kinda close. the errors aren't new to some extent. Some well, yeah, cfw isn't perfect. Some others are just hidden by ofw and never really addressed and it just gives you a oHoH SoMeTiNg wEnT wRoNg rEbOoT nOw. Cfw on the other hand tells you EXACTLY what happened and gives you the option to sent it back to the cfw devs to improve on the cfw.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

About "uninstall or not the CFW?", read this if you will:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/about-removing-b9s-and-the-safety-test.541718/

And about the possibility of use illegitimate games/roms after uninstall CFW, the unique and consistent answer is absolutely NOT (because original system firmware isn't capable to read unsigned content).

And ripped from cart (then converted to .cia) roms are illegitimate too (non-signed by Nintendo)

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Momoro

The Dark One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: fmkid

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Jarmenti and fmkid

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
There does exist *"legit" cias that can be installed on cfw and remain working on stock systems. There was a stash of legit tickets (poke Ruby among them) on that "iso" site, but since the site was suddenly yanked, no one knows what happened to them.

*legit means perfect cias that are globally signed to all 3dses. These legit cias were dumped from games that came pre-bundled with certain limited edition 3dses (and some stock ones). I estimate there were about 50 of them in total, mostly pretty popular 1st party games.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Momoro and fmkid

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There does exist *"legit" cias that can be installed on cfw and remain working on stock systems. There was a stash of legit tickets (poke Ruby among them) on that "iso" site, but since the site was suddenly yanked, no one knows what happened to them.

*legit means perfect cias that are globally signed to all 3dses. These legit cias were dumped from games that came pre-bundled with certain limited edition 3dses (and some stock ones).
There is a tool to generate and download them

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
h2testw_menu-png.210567
h2testw_results-png.210862

Also refer to,

Momoro

The Dark One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the great Turd in the sky...(lol, just HAD to say that...)

It amazes me how many dismiss the formatting steps and assumes theirs' 'fine' only to find after trying everything else under the sun... that it was a bad card/knock off sd/fake SDHC card etc

.When all else fails try a different card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone