Will I still have the warranty if a first hacking attempt failed?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by winner, Aug 14, 2009.

1. winner
    OP

Newcomer winner Member

United States
    If I try to install homebrew on a new wii and it bricks somehow, will it still be under warranty?

Also, what is the worst that can happen while using bannerbomb to install homebrew? Can it even brick? If so, can you unbrick it?

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    if your wii is under warranty then it is under warranty, unless you've physically opened it up.

our guides are safe, if your scared to follow them, then buy games instead like a everyone else.

noobs make the dumbest questions.

3. winner
    OP

Newcomer winner Member

United States
    I'm not scared to follow the guides. I've installed the HBC before, I just needed some clarification.

4. Chaos Punk

Member Chaos Punk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's not a stupid question and he actually has a legitimate reason to ask it. Lately, Nintendo has been charging sky high fees if they somehow discover that Wii sent back to them under warranty have any hacks on them. If your Wii isn't physically damaged, and you brick it due to hacks, but sure that it CANNONT BOOT before you send it back or else Nintendo COULD potentially find the hacks. And xzxero, stop being such a douche to n00bs.

5. xzxero

United States
    then why question something youve done and thousands of other people have done before?

i know i need to chill out!
    aha just that many questions are pointless.
    you have nothing to be afraid of
    you say nintendo has been charging sky rocket prices? show me the proof and ill say sorry.

6. Chaos Punk

United States

7. xzxero

United States
    its bullshit, how come thats like the only report of this, ever?

ive personally sent in a banner bricked wii, with plenty of hacks and whatnot, and they charged me what they said they would.

ive even used the warranty on that replaced wii and still no extra charge.

and that letter is obviously fake.

Nintendo wouldnt just flat out start naming homebrew apps, or start pricing in that letter.

8. Chaos Punk

United States
    How can you call bullshit on Team Twiizzers, the very team that made Wii hacking possible? It's NOT fake, and it's not the ONLY reported case EVER. You simply haven't heard of others, though I'm sure you'd find some if you look. And it was in Germany, maybe the policy is different there regarding Wii modifications. The point is, the maker of this thread had a legitimate concern and you said it was a dumb question, which it's not.

9. xzxero

United States
    yea it is fake, listen to wording, its not legitimate.
    im not calling bullshit on TT, im calling bullshit on the so-called official nintendo letter.
    and yes your right, i shouldnt have called this question dumb, i should have called it pointless.

10. Chaos Punk

United States
    The wording is bad because he was trying to translate from german. And it's the very opposite of a pointless question, it's actually a part of many FAQs regarding Wii hacking as it very well should be. But I can see that you're one of those people who refuse to admit they were wrong and/or apologize. So I'll just stop wasting time arguing with someone so insistent on looking like an ass.

11. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I do believe that Nintendo sometimes charges ridiculous prices for repair if homebrew is found. However, I agree with you here; that letter is most definitely fake.

12. tanis698

Member tanis698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i had my wii fully modded and bricked it. nintendo didn't charge me shit it was under warranty. i know of 3 others that deleted there system menu deleting the wrong stuff with it modded and they got charged 0 for it.

13. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, Nintendo can rarely tell what bricked your Wii. Most of the time it's a moot point whether or not they'll charge you for it or not because you can simply say the power went out while you were updating.

14. tanis698

Member tanis698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    actually that is what i told them happened.