Hacking Question Will I lose my sx license if I use systemwipe?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so before I begin, I have had my switch for many years, got sxos when it was first released and created a nand back up!
However I only had one nand back up on my external hdd, it died, lost everything! Lesson learnt! So can not just use that and start again!
Obviously ive backed up since but no longer have a clean nand!
I never set up emunand on it but want to do it now. Been reading about the program systemwipe and fancy giving this a go to set up my switch again with an emunand and then will go online.
The instructions look straightforward but my question is will I lose/delete my sxos license and have to buy another one?
I dont really want to know about how sx is going to die soon, switch to atmosphere etc, I will do when needed but for the moment I like sxos, its easy for me, what I am used to.
Any advice would be great thanks.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure systemwipe will save you from a ban. If you feel lucky, I guess you can try. You should make a new NAND backup. Push the Hekate payload and do that backup. Save it in a couple of safe places afterwards. On your SD card, you should also have a file named license.dat. That's your SXOS license. You should make a couple of backups of this, too, and save on your computer. While you have your SD card plugged in, replace the boot.dat with the latest SXOS boot.dat (currently beta 3.0.5). Now push the SXOS payload and create your emuNAND if you want. Boot into your emuNAND and update it to the latest firmware (currently 10.2.0), with help from ChoidujourNX. You should be all set, then. At least until the next firmware update.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so before I begin, I have had my switch for many years, got sxos when it was first released and created a nand back up!
However I only had one nand back up on my external hdd, it died, lost everything! Lesson learnt! So can not just use that and start again!
I never set up emunand on it but want to do it now. Been reading about the program systemwipe and fancy giving this a go to set up my switch again with an emunand and then will go online.
The instructions look straightforward but my question is will I lose/delete my sxos license and have to buy another one?
I dont really want to know about how sx is going to die soon, switch to atmosphere etc, I will do when needed but for the moment I like sxos, its easy for me, what I am used to.

If it get deleted off the SD card and you don't have a backup somewhere then you lose it, pretty simple.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
The SXOS license is tied to hardware IDs so wiping your nand is fine. As Dust2dust pointed out though I'm not sure if System Wipe will save you from a ban. My advice would be to use ChoiDujorNX to update (or reinstall the same firmware) and select the option to format / initialize the system.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make a backup of your license if you haven't already.

Reactions: lpoolm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk