1. neoncelery

OP neoncelery Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello everyone, so I'm planning on upgrading my ps3's hard drive in the future and I have one question that will make or break the deal for me, will I lose my already installed pkg games? Or any other data in that matter but mainly that.

I have a PS3 slim with the penultimate rebug CFW, it is DEX but I can change it to CEX if I want to, and it's offline I've never logged into the PSN on it or purchased any games off the store.

Thank you all.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    unless you back them up, yes.

3. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yes, you would lose all data but you should be able to copy over most stuff if you have an external hard drive to copy it to

neoncelery likes this.
  4. neoncelery

OP neoncelery Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How would I go about backing them up? They're installed onto the hard drive, would I have to take any extra steps other than the whole system backup thingy

5. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If you use the backup facility in the system settings that should back up everything except trophies

neoncelery likes this.
  6. neoncelery

OP neoncelery Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Got it, thanks bud!

7. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You'll also need to backup save separately

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    there are a couple programs that can help get back your games. I can't tell you what they are as it's against the rules I think, since it's related to knowing where to pirate. here's my list: upload_2020-6-6_1-48-0.png

what games I couldn't find on psn or from there, I have the iso of:

upload_2020-6-6_1-48-51.png

I'd suggest only installing games you intend to play. the psn games come from sony's servers, so there's no chance of them being dmca'd.

neoncelery likes this.
  9. neoncelery

OP neoncelery Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Must have taken you a lot of time an patience to build up that list I respect it, but all I want to do is upgrade my internal hard drive without losing any of the games I already have installed on it lol, I have no idea if that'll work, if the games will be corrupted, if my different users will be there, all I know so far is that I'll lose my trophies and that I have to back up my saves separately. Why must this be so complicated lol I wish I could just simply copy everything to the bigger hard drive pop it in and call it a day. I mean man idek if I'm gonna have to reinstall CFW I'm such a noob.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    well, the games are on the hard drive you're taking out, so they'll be gone. get them with one of the psn programs. they're very easy to use.

neoncelery likes this.
  11. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    You can also copy and paste the folders with the games in them. It takes a little bit of work to repackage them but no need to redownload.

neoncelery likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - upgrade, games,