Will I like Final Fantasy VI?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Nevin007, Mar 5, 2007.

Mar 5, 2007
  1. Nevin007
    OP

Member Nevin007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've never really liked any RPG games. The only game though that I really gave a chance to was Pokemon Leaf Green. And I deleted it after maybe 2 hours. I've never played a Final Fantasy game before, but I'm hearing all these rave reviews about FF6 and thought maybe it will be so good that I may actually like an RPG game. What do you guys think? Can this game win over a non-RPG fan or should I not waste my time, because if I don't like Pokemon then maybe I won't like any RPG?

2. Sil3n7

Member Sil3n7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Aside from earthbound FFVI is my favorite 2d rpg.

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I'd probably recommend mario and luigi super star saga as the RPG to win over non rpg gamers
    FFVI is a pretty traditional RPG, might not be too appealing for people who have never played an rpg before

that said, RPGs rule, its hard to not appreciate the huge amount of work that goes into these games, you've really gotta give them a chance

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I think I got too spoiled by a lot of RPGs nowadays to be wowed by old RPGs. I really don't miss the old, "push button. Wait until enemy attacks, push button again". Then again, I never played FFVI beyond the opening when I got into SNES emulation because I was too busy with Chrono Trigger/Earthbound.Mario RPG

5. Nevin007
    OP

United States
    Yes that is what I didn't like about Pokemon. I didn't feel like I was involved in the action in any way. Just push button and game does all the work for you. So is this mario and luigi super star saga different? Will it make me more involved in the action?

Any other suggestions?

6. Sil3n7

Member Sil3n7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think alot of people have unfortunatly... But the well thought out different characters and different gameplay mechanics they use along with a great story seperate this one from many others. Oh and dont even get me started on how amazing the music is. If you play for at least an hour it only gets better. I think you should give it a chance. [​IMG]

7. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The reason I love RPG's is because the story that goes into the game. Don't get me wrong, gameplay is still an important factor. The reason I loved the Final Fantasy's so much is because the storylines are all great. For myself the storyline drew me into the game, not the gamplay of the RPG.

To further emphasize my point, I have yet to complete Final Fantasy X-2. In my opinion the story was completely junk and when ever I pick the game up I get extremely bored. It's the only Final Fantasy that makes me feel this way [​IMG].

8. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Super Star Saga combat is good. You have to push the A button before you do an attack to do more damage and a bunch of other timed attacks which is why it's not always a "push button. Wait" type game.

9. Nevin007
    OP

United States
    Thanks guys for the input. I think I'll give Super Star Saga a try AND Final Fantasy VI. If I don't like either then that is it for me, no more RPG's.