Hacking Will I have a higher chance of getting banned if I use tumGER's SDFiles?

HyperMaximus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I was recently transferring saves from my hacked Switch to my clean Switch and I ran Atmosphere under the most recent version of tumGER's SDFiles on both consoles in the process. I used Checkpoint to transfer the saves on both consoles and afterwards used nothing else (no other homebrew, game backups, etc.) This normally gives a low chance of a ban according to GBAtemp, but what really worries me is SDFiles' built-in signature patching added in v10. This worries me because I read on a GBAtemp thread that installation of signature patches on CFW will guarantee a ban, and I don't want my clean Switch to be banned. I already know that because I hacked my Switch, it has a chance to be banned, but I want to know if I have a higher chance of having my console banned because I used SDFiles. Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably won't get banned doing only what you described. If you prefer a minimal setup, run vanilla Atmosphere instead.

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was recently transferring saves from my hacked Switch to my clean Switch and I ran Atmosphere under the most recent version of tumGER's SDFiles on both consoles in the process. I used Checkpoint to transfer the saves on both consoles and afterwards used nothing else (no other homebrew, game backups, etc.) This normally gives a low chance of a ban according to GBAtemp, but what really worries me is SDFiles' built-in signature patching added in v10. This worries me because I read on a GBAtemp thread that installation of signature patches on CFW will guarantee a ban, and I don't want my clean Switch to be banned. I already know that because I hacked my Switch, it has a chance to be banned, but I want to know if I have a higher chance of having my console banned because I used SDFiles. Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend using Checkpoint to transfer saves between consoles. A few people claim to have been banned for that. Especially if you are transferring from a banned console, or using it on a game with online multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol