Will i get in trouble with the police for this ?

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lets say me and a couple of friends go into an abondaned house like its for sale but legit completely empty and a neighbor sees us go in, could they all the police and what would the police do ? Could they like break down the door just on suspicion? This is in NY and everybody is under 18

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
apb407 said:
Lets say me and a couple of friends go into an abondaned house like its for sale but legit completely empty and a neighbor sees us go in, could they all the police and what would the police do ? Could they like break down the door just on suspicion? This is in NY and everybody is under 18

if its for sale, it means its own by somebody. if you go into the house or the houses property without permission it would count at as trespassing. worst case would probably be you ending up in a holding cell overnight. best case would be no one called the cops or a slap on the wrist from them.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whatt if i know the guy who owns the house or lived there and like i had a key and everything and had his permission ? also i htink its been on sale for a while does he still own it like it ?

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
Whatt if i know the guy who owns the house or lived there and like i had a key and everything and had his permission ? also i htink its been on sale for a while does he still own it like it ?

Well, if you had permission to go in it, thats a completely different story, but if you plan on just breaking into it for some strange reason (whats so interesting about going into an empty house that for sale?) then you could get into a lot of trouble because its considered Breaking And Entering

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
apb407 said:

Well, if you had permission to go in it, thats a completely different story, but if you plan on just breaking into it for some strange reason (whats so interesting about going into an empty house that for sale?) then you could get into a lot of trouble because its considered Breaking And Entering

Cause it could be spoookee. Or just for the kicks. Or maybe for an orgy. He did say everyone was under 18...

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in a new relatively new subdivision and there are a lot of houses being built. I love to explore them and I don't really care if anyone sees me. I don't think anyone would do anything anyway but even so I don't think you'd get in too much trouble. I dunno what the neighbors are like there but by be its pretty quiet and foresty by me.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yess he did give us permission its just like four people 2 guys , 2 girls
wink.gif
we're gonna have a small party thats bout it, sooo if we have the key and everything sooo its all good right ?

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have permission+keys, then it's completely legit.

Or, does anyone remember that Harvard professor? Maybe the cops will getcha if you bring any watermelon with you. Be wary.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're gonna go into some guy's empty house that's for sale to "party", you deserve to have your door knocked in by the police. Only incredibly levels of douchebaggery would be required to think "Oh look at me, I'm so cool I'll go into this house, tehehehe". If he gave you permission though, it's legal. So when the cops show up, if at all, you just hand them the guy's phone number. Still, it's called having a party at your own house or a friend's house. I don't know many guys who would let a bunch of kids run around their house having a party, especially when they want to sell it.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aighttt cool sounds good lol thanks guys i know im being anal with the questions here but this guy actually went to college today in delaware soo lets say i do call him for the police and he doesnt pick up cuz whatever reason the police would probably just kick us out of the house right like nothing tooo crazy would happen ? and we're not gonna be like blasting music and shit lol

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
You just show him the keys. That's all. It'd be stupid from them to assume that you're breaking in. That, if they even showed up. So unless you're drinking alco (since u're under 18), having a joint or having real kinky sex when they show up (they wouldn't break in, I think they need a permission to do that and that takes time), nothing bad should happen. I guess.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you're just having a party with some friends and you have the owner's permission, there's nothing wrong with it.

Although there's some stupid policemen/women out there who don't listen to anything you say, watch out for those. A friend of mine almost got arrested once for just standing in his own garden...
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte