Will I Get Banned if I Go To the eShop using CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CodyMitchel2, Aug 4, 2017.

1. CodyMitchel2
    OP

CodyMitchel2 Banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2017
    United States
    Okay, so I normally don't go to the eShop but on September 22, I'm getting Pokemon Gold and Silver. The injected VC versions had graphical issues with the Pokemon sprites, when you enter battle; they barely flicker. Anyways, will Nintendo know I'm running CFW, if I go to the eShop?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You won't get banned, at most they will delete pirated themes if you have any installed.

Hoppy likes this.
  3. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    Your games will be fine, Nintendo cannot detect that you're using CFW simply from entering the eShop. Though, unless I'm mistaken, all DLC/Theme data will be deleted and must be reinstalled after entering the eShop!

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It is safe to enter the eShop while on CFW. Entering the eShop while on CFW has never gotten someone banned. However, there are other things that can cause a 3DS on CFW to be banned. If you haven't already done so, these steps are highly recommended:
    If you're still afraid of the eShop, you could just use freeShop instead.

Quantumcat and miss_nakano like this.
  5. CodyMitchel2
    OP

CodyMitchel2 Banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2017
    United States
    Might use that for games not available in the NA region like TripWorld, Devil World, and Mario's Super Picross.

6. sniper_x002

sniper_x002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Not necessarily.

I think theme data will always be destroyed (if not legit), but the other stuff may or may not be OK.
    I have a theory for this, which might be wrong especially if people already know why.

My theory is that if you have some DLC for a game bought legit, and then download the rest of the DLC non-legit, then going into the eShop will destroy the non-legit DLC for that game.

If you download all of the DLC un-legit (and have never had any of the DLC previously) then you can go into the eShop without loosing the DLC.