Will I get a decent picture out of my PS3 with this TV?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Trulen, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Trulen
    OP

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Here's my TV

It's not an HDTV. It's not even an EDTV. It's a plain Jane SDTV.

But it's got Component In! Oh-hoh!

I've got a PS3. And I wonder if getting component cables will make any sort of improvement (Actually, I'd really like it if I could do fullscreen MGS4 without missing picture!) in graphics.

They're great already. I wouldn't mind them greater.

Monoprice has the 4-in-1 deal (wii/360/ps3/ps2) component cables for like, 11 bucks with shipping. They're quality, too.

I bought cables from walmart that were on clearence. Psyclone Essentials. Screen messed up. So I brought those back.
    Thought it was the quality(or lack of) of the cables that messed the screen up.

But yeah. I plan to replace this thing with something a bit better. But yikes. 27" LCD TV's are going for multiple hundreds!
    I'll wait on a deal.

2. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    I dont think youll get a very perfect picture with that, but it should turn out pretty decent...but I dont know much about this stuff.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    you won't notice any diffrence on that tv, not that size anyway, you are best off using scart for now.

4. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Isn't scart a Europe thing? His flag is American...

5. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    If money is a bit tight. Do some research on a Vizio or Westinghouse. IIRC Vizio used to be part of SONY's LCD team. But don't quote me on that. I have friends who have these LCD TV and they do look great with HD content. Not to sure about westinghouse.

http://www.vizio.com/products/

6. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Well I got a Toshiba 32" HDTV for about $600 (was $900) at Future Shop on sale. When you say "multiple hundreds" are you saying like $300? Is $600 too much?

P.S. The link you posted has PHP errors so bad that you can't read any text.

7. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    learn to use the internet.

8. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Yeah, Vizio LCDs are relatively cheap, and relatively good. Just... don't buy an Insignia.

9. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    +over 9000. I can't stress this enough, my old TV was an Insignia after being scammed by FutureShop's employees. The thing was so crappy I had to punch it in the back to get a decent picture, so then I got a replacement, and the picture turned out to be really shitty, I mean you couldn't see anyone in dark maps like Bog in CoD4, and when you turned the brightness to the max the LEDs or whatever only illuminated the borders of the TV. So I got a better Insignia, but the picture was also crappy.
    Now I bought a Toshiba TV on sale at FS, and it's perfect [​IMG]