Hacking Will I ever be able to continue my pokemon y save file without a new 3ds?

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically, I have a pokemon y cart with over 20 hours of svae but I than got a new 3ds on 4.5 for my R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe. I know that I can play it in classic more but than my save file will be corrupted. will there be any way to play it by avoiding updating or getting a new 3ds.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell what the heck you're saying, you really need to use commas to separate your ideas. Did you already have a 3DS that you've been playing Pokemon on, and got a new 3DS with 4.5 on it? Did you sell the old 3DS to get the 4.5 3DS, or do you still have both? All of these can be guessed at with your ambiguous post. At ant rate, NO, you will NEVER be able to play a 4.5 Pokemon save on a newly updated 3DS or vice-versa. You'll just have to get a second 3DS that you keep for legit games and whatnot. Plenty of people usually get 2 consoles, one legit and one hacked, after a hack is released so that they can preserve their hackable system while still enjoying games they otherwise couldn't play on a hacked console. I have 2 3DS XL's just for that purpose, and it is GLORIOUS.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Gateway is coming out with a way to back up legit cartridges that you have. I believe this includes the save data on the cartridges also. If I am not mistaken the saved data could then be used with the rom.

BUT
1. I am not 100% sure how NAND based saves will work with roms
2. You may need to convert the save, but that might be unlikely depending on how Gateway approaches these saved files.
3. You will most likely not be able to use the retail cartridge to actually play it on the 4.5 fw, unless gateway changes how it's classic mode reads and makes saves.

I would wait for 2.0 to be released and ask again. Keep the save file on your cartridge in the mean time.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically no. If you still have your old 3DS you can use that.

There is one thing you can do, which involves soldering. Update to latest firmware, play Pokemon until you're finished, then downgrade back to 4.5.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the r4 save dongle essentially became useless when they went to the 2.x save encryptions keys. The newest games use the 6.x save keys. The dongle itself can still read and write the cartridges just no one can use the damned data until someone cooks up a save tool that can handle those saves.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe future 2.0 final can do something to this save keyy broblem. Ithink carts are safer to store safe to future if solution come bublic

would be nice to know if they have it fixed for the 2.0 final.
new games this year will be using 7.0 which has a similar protection on the game itself. if they cant fix the key then the games wont run either making gateway useless for upcoming releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass