will GW publically release their old beta with N3ds miimaker exploit as a means to install Mset ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by weatMod, May 9, 2015.

1. weatMod
    OP

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    so i am wondering since sony was given the GW beta with the miimaker exploit and we know that it does work on some level on N3ds ,though it messes up games that use mii's in game
    it should be stable and useful enough to install the Mset exploit

so why wouldn't GW release something ,maybe a temporary launcher users without CN or OOT could put on their MSD just to get mset exploit installed then they could delete it and use 3.2.1 launched from there

Margen67 likes this.

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    No.

thetechguy95 likes this.
  3. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    ok
    but how do you know?
    why not, why wouldn't they?
    please elaborte

Margen67 likes this.
  4. sonic2756

sonic2756 Friendly Neighborhood Wolf

Feb 3, 2010
    United States
    Denver, CO
    Because its an entrypoint they can use to test on higher FW's

5. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    The miimaker exploit was just a rumor. No actual proof apart from hearsay around the internet exists.

Margen67 and VinsCool like this.
  6. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    im pretty sure it does exist
    it was sort of confirmed by smea

Margen67 likes this.
  7. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    i would think it is already blocked no?

8. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    OK, I'll rephrase then. Gateway team using the miimaker exploit as an entry point was just a rumor.....

Margen67 and VinsCool like this.
  9. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Mii Maker exploit ?
    what's ?

blinkzane and Margen67 like this.
  10. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    Didn't they use it in the pre-release video they posted? Way before they actually released it.

Margen67 likes this.
  11. Jao Chu

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    If i recall correctly, the original video in the "Gateway 3DS working on the new 3DS" news post on their website, didn't actually show the entry point, their new 3DS was already in gateway mode at the time of filming.

12. polki

polki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    It was just a rumour that started because in the teaser video of it working on the n3DS the person who made the video accidentally pressed a right shoulder button making the highlighted app skip to the next page which happened to land on MiiMaker, then some people thought GW accidentally showed part of the hacking process, didn't last long though.

13. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    weatMod likes this.
  14. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States

yeah and then there is this

[​IMG]

and then there was later confirmation by sonyUSA

Arkansaw likes this.
  15. satanicangel

satanicangel GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2010
    Malaysia
    The Mii maker exploit is just rumors.. The video really proofs nothing..
    Wow he got a Shea's like... So? It may mean "great story bro", you never know..
    And about sonyUSA and garyopa.. do you have any proof that they are stating the truth? Their credibility is quite low especially after Gary stated a few 'release date's..

16. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    it being real seems more likely than not
    it would explain the delay , they obviously had the CN and OOT exploits all along, but they did not release a launcher that relied on them because they were hoping that they could get the miimaker exploit working 100% and not have to rely on CN and OOT exploits and have to tell their customers that they would need an extra game card after promising them that all they would need is the GW cart

17. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    If nobody knows than this question is pointless to ask.

The mii exploit was real, but was not a completely working method as it broke the mii function

There is nothing wrong with holding trump cards. If by saying what you just said about them having these exploits all this time than that means they are finding ways to get into there gw menu at all cost and for future firmware compatibility. There issue right now is to ensure that they can get emunand working with future firmware releases.

weatMod likes this.
  18. Warft

Warft Say my name!

Aug 8, 2013
    United States
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    They don't release the mii exploit because don't exist, i guess..
    otherwise they won't release for any other reason (compatibility with 9.7, for example):rolleyes:

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah i doubt the mii exploit was real, if it was real they wouldnt of released the oot/CN methods as once your in emunand nobody cares if their mii's in sysnand where broke, the only logical thing i can think of that would cause them not to of used the "theorized" exploit is that it had the potential to brick yur 3DS, anything else and they probably wouldn't of cared

imho, the whole thing was just agreeing with random rumors to take the heat off gateway while they tried to hunt down a cartless exploit, which they never did (except MSET downgrade, but you still need the cart once to install it)

20. weatMod
    OP

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    unless games that used mii's in games would not even boot at all or crashed that would be a big problem and they could not release such a solution
    this is my guess and that it was also very unstable but i still think it exists and i think it would be possible to use if only once to install Mset then switch the launcher to 3.2.1 , unless they are working on building a unified launcher that can work with miimaker to install Mset and then work like normal 3.2.1 after mset is installed , they got the Mset from the scene and only recently so maybe they have not yet fully explored this possibility yet