Will GBATemp have another DS Wi-Fi night?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea about future plans but some of the other members have organised their own tournaments in the past which work well enough.
Who knows, if you start the ball rolling (timeframe: games and modes thereof) you could garner "official" support.

I might finally be able to join in now I have a modem as well.

Some games according to wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_WiFi_games
Nintendo also has a half decent list:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/...ml?cb_wifi=true

If you want my suggestion: Worms2 4 player matches with plenty of girders and ninja rope.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Worms would be cool, but there are soms bugs in the WiFi games, Ive witnessed some...
Like I was playing against another person I knew online.
Suddenly his worm started to wave the White Flag, so I won.
But when I talked to him, he said my worm started to wave the White Flag, and he won.
We didnt wave the White Flag, it was just a bug in the game, but that way we lost our WiFi match....

My suggestion is Fifa 2008, great fun online!

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
IMO, if GBATemp wanted to make a pwnage Wi-Fi night, it could make it something like a Wi-Fi Olympics. It would have different types of games, for example Fifa,Clubhouse Games, Worms,Mario Kart DS, Tetris, and other online games. Contestants would be grouped, and each group would play all sorts of game genres. And for example, only the 2 with the most points in each group, go to the next level and so on.
Those who are good at certain types of games may not be at others, so it gives a fair chance IMO.

But I'm just wishing... Here's hoping GBATemp makes something like this a reality
biggrin.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMO, if GBATemp wanted to make a pwnage Wi-Fi night, it could make it something like a Wi-Fi Olympics. It would have different types of games, for example Fifa,Clubhouse Games, Worms,Mario Kart DS, Tetris, and other online games. Contestants would be grouped, and each group would play all sorts of game genres. And for example, only the 2 with the most points in each group, go to the next level and so on.
Those who are good at certain types of games may not be at others, so it gives a fair chance IMO.

But I'm just wishing... Here's hoping GBATemp makes something like this a reality
biggrin.gif
I, for one, would not enter any competition with FIFA in it, as I have a strong dislike of sports games. I'm sure many other people feel the same way about other games, for example they may be put off MKDS because of snakers.
Yes, you have these problems with a single game as well, but when they're all together it puts more and more people off participating.
I think sticking to one game is better, unless anyone has a solution to the problems I have just mentioned.

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt

biggrin.gif

I, for one, would not enter any competition with FIFA in it, as I have a strong dislike of sports games. I'm sure many other people feel the same way about other games, for example they may be put off MKDS because of snakers.
Yes, you have these problems with a single game as well, but when they're all together it puts more and more people off participating.
I think sticking to one game is better, unless anyone has a solution to the problems I have just mentioned.
I would love a normal compo too, as long as there is gonna be one..

Say, you wouldn't know, being a mod and all, would you?
wink2.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Worms would be cool, but there are soms bugs in the WiFi games, Ive witnessed some...
Like I was playing against another person I knew online.
Suddenly his worm started to wave the White Flag, so I won.
But when I talked to him, he said my worm started to wave the White Flag, and he won.
We didnt wave the White Flag, it was just a bug in the game, but that way we lost our WiFi match....

My suggestion is Fifa 2008, great fun online!

Snore. Poor connection != NWFC bug.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF Fables.

QUOTE said:
Chocobo Tales features online multiplayer capabilities as well. Players can compete against each other in either pop-up duels or minigames. Both modes can connect either through local wireless or Nintendo Wi-Fi. Multiplayer includes playing the card battles in multi-card and online play by using Nintendo Wi-Fi, and the mini-games are multi-card and single-card download multiplayer as well. 2-4 players may team up for battles, or to participate in mini-games.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
FF Fables.

QUOTE said:
Chocobo Tales features online multiplayer capabilities as well. Players can compete against each other in either pop-up duels or minigames. Both modes can connect either through local wireless or Nintendo Wi-Fi. Multiplayer includes playing the card battles in multi-card and online play by using Nintendo Wi-Fi, and the mini-games are multi-card and single-card download multiplayer as well. 2-4 players may team up for battles, or to participate in mini-games.

That could be fun, although I totally sucked at the card battles.

@thread
Bleach 2 and UMK3 are both good fun online fighting games that could be played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou