will gba expansion fit old ds?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by nds_gamerz, Nov 5, 2007.

1. nds_gamerz
    OP

nds_gamerz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    United States
    since the m3 real is coming and i plan to get the gba expansion as well but the problem is my sons have the old style ds. will m3 make one that will fit it or will i have to get the m3 by itself and buy a flash cart for gba. i rather get the whole deal in one package hopefully they will do something about that. i mean why waste more money just to upgrade to the newer ds lite if they both do the same thing.

2. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    So far all of the shots and reviews I've seen have showed a NDS lite type expansion. So unless they release a different expansion card for the phat you'll probably have a hard time to get it to fit.

3. nds_gamerz
    OP

nds_gamerz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    United States
    i guess i have no choice but to just get the m3 real by itself. or just get them the m3 simply. but i want to see if they will continue to support it or not. thats what i'm afraid will happen. they will drop support for a recently release and focus more on the ds real.

4. amptor

amptor Banned

Banned
    May 2, 2003
    United States
    you'd have to take the slot-2 device apart and stuff it into the cartridge slot, I wouldn't recommend it but some people are going to do that. They should've put a snap-on adapter that allows you to extend the length of the cartridge so you could use it in either version.Otherwise I suppose you could probably cut the end off and affix a piece of plastic to the top of it so you can lenghten it that way.

I may get a ds lite at some point for s&g then I won't have this problem. But right now all my flash carts are for the original gba, just that this chinese set I bought comes with that rumble pack.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice