Hacking Will Gateway Ever Support 6.2.0-12U?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msansom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As title suggests really, was wondering whether I should get a system with old firmware when I start my job after christmas or whether I am better off just staying on this firmware and waiting until gateway supports the latest FW.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a guessing game mate, until an exploit is found no such progress

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msansom: I'm not sure if you're aware, but this kind of thread gets created multiple times per day in this board and always gets the same response: We don't know, no one knows, your guess is as good as mine, etc.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Seeing as no one brought their crystal ball, unfortunately this thread serves no purpose other than to ask a question that no one has an answer to. Thread closed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As others have said it could happen tomorrow, could be next week or it could be decades from now ( http://www.its.caltech.edu/~costis/sgb_hack/ ).

More pragmatically eh.... if we were still dealing with non enhanced DS flash carts I would have expected nothing to happen and "the requirements to change meant we have to have a nice new profitable line of flash carts to come out*". Seen as the devices are pretty pricey though they might at least make the effort, on the other hand from what has been glimpsed of the underlying tech there might actually be a reason to do so.

*the EZ3 and EZ4 share a lot in common, the first DS flash carts nobody used post R4 and beyond that we saw new versions for SDHC support, for DSi compatibility and several saw a few revisions in the middle of it all. There were good reasons for some things there and as cynical as I am the teams were not completely out of line.

To that end it would not be a bet I would take. I would not be surprised to see a new hardware revision made for it, I would equally not be surprised to see some form of custom firmware (even if a flash cart would be a better bet) and as most homebrew devs have what they want already the focus is more on mapping out the hardware than creating exploits for new firmwares or at least downgrading the 3ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: