Hacking Will Gateway 3DS work with Firmware version number 4.4.0-10U?

irondoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is probably a dumb question, they say on the FAQ it is tested with 4.5.0

My 3DS has 4.4.0, so just wondering if anyone knows will it still work with this lower firmware? I imagine it should -- however it does its magical tricks is not yet patched -- but i just want to double check before i drop $80.

irondoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have been pretty careful with it so far, just for this reason :) I need to read up on any ways it can auto-update without my consent.

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, if the 3ds prompt you every 24 hours to update to a pre-downloaded Firmware, that thing could be taken care of by formatting the 3ds in settings menu.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if the 3ds prompt you every 24 hours to update to a pre-downloaded Firmware, that thing could be taken care of by formatting the 3ds in settings menu.

You can also run the gateway installer. It removes the update nag as well

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it says 4.5 works, but I just want to double check as well.

Will it work with 4.5.0-10U?

Yep. Only the first two numbers matter. If they're 4.1-4.5 or less then you're set. If they're less than 4.1 then you'll need to find a game with a 4.5 update on it.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I was seconds away from updating before I decided to check for hacks one last time. I'm happy as can be and my 3DS is on update lockdown till I get this.

janant

Trophies
XP
Country
i have 3 nintendo 3ds's,they are on firmwares 2.2.0-0E,2.2.0-4E and 4.1.0-6E,do i have to do anything to any of these for gateway or r4i 3ds deluxe edition to work? cheers for any help in advance ;)

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you will have to take one of your 3DS'es and send it to me. I'll keep it safe for you. :)

In all seriousness, you'll have to update your 2.2 3DS'es to a firmware from 4.1-4.5. You can do it via a ROM with that update with Gateway's firmware 1.0 (IIRC), or use a retail cart that has any of those updates. To see which games have which updates in 'em, check out Pong20302000's website: http://3ds.essh.co/

Any 3DS with firmware 4.1-4.5 will work on Gateway. Happy gaming! :)

D

Deleted User

Sorry, i know this is a bit off topic, but maybe someones nice enough to answer this question:
I bought a low firmware 3DS myself and i haven't installed my wifi connection yet, so that there is no way to update by accident.

But: Does the 3DS give you permanent notifications about a new update if you use street pass? Like another updated 3DS passes this information to my 3DS via street pass?

janant

Trophies
XP
Country
i have hotel transylvania is that game ok to use for the firmware update? if i read correctly it updates to firmware v4.3,when i got my 3ds's i always make a point of not updating the firmware as early firmwares is where hacks usually occur,i did the same with my psp 3000 slim/lite,thanks for youre help,and am i right in saying that the 4.1 version of firmware i have on 1 of my 3ds's can be left as it is,sorry to nob ache im just making sure i dont make a cock up lol ;)

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, i know this is a bit off topic, but maybe someones nice enough to answer this question:
I bought a low firmware 3DS myself and i haven't installed my wifi connection yet, so that there is no way to update by accident.

But: Does the 3DS give you permanent notifications about a new update if you use street pass? Like another updated 3DS passes this information to my 3DS via street pass?

No Wifi connection is safe with a Gateway-able 3DS right now. Also Streetpass shouldn't be a problem. I streetpass with my two 3DS's (FW 4.4 and 6.3) without a problem.

Just make sure Spotpass is disabled.

But when Gateway FW 2.0 with EmuNAND comes out i would be very cautious. Later Firmwares enable Streetpass Relay and who knows what happens if you connect to one.

i have hotel transylvania is that game ok to use for the firmware update? if i read correctly it updates to firmware v4.3,when i got my 3ds's i always make a point of not updating the firmware as early firmwares is where hacks usually occur,i did the same with my psp 3000 slim/lite,thanks for youre help,and am i right in saying that the 4.1 version of firmware i have on 1 of my 3ds's can be left as it is,sorry to nob ache im just making sure i dont make a cock up lol ;)

Yes to all your questions ;) Stay on lowest possible firmware if you can. I think before you update with a game, the 3DS shows you which FW it wants to install. Check this site for FW Versions on games. http://3ds.essh.co/

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.