Will following this guide ensure I can install WADs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Srslyosm, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Srslyosm
    OP

Newcomer Srslyosm Newbie

United Kingdom
    Like I said, 4.3E, and all I have used my HBC for is Gecko, Playstats, a GBA emulator, and Savegame Manager. I've never installed any kind of IOS to my knowledge. I got a new Wii because my old one is practically unusable. I want to reinstall my VC games though, because Nintendo suck and don't have an account system, and I'm not paying for them again.
    If I use this guide and do method: Using AHBPROT - System Menu - 3.0 - 4.3 and I select Option 1.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-tutorials/62875-how-restore-trucha-bug-ios36-guide.html
    Will I be able to use the cios236 that it will add to install wads with wad manager? Please keep info simple and don't get mad at me, I'm very new to this.
    Thanks!

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if you have a Q about a wiihacks guide, best to ask it on wiihacks. If you want to use the gbatemp forums to ask for help, I suggest you use one of the guides stickied in the gbatemp wii hacking section

3. Srslyosm
    OP

Newcomer Srslyosm Newbie

United Kingdom
    I will in future, but how much does it matter? That guide installs cios236, and I was just wondering if that alone is enough to install VC wads.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    yes, but without proper brick protection installing a "bad wad" from an unknown\untrusted source can brick you. I'm not about to go read up on an inferior guide on another site to tell you whether or not it's brick protection is adequate. You could save yourself the trouble and use ModMii or the other stickied guide from this forum.

1 person likes this.