Will F1 Race Game Boy save battery work on Pokémon Gold?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't get exactly what you're asking.

You want to take a battery from another game (F1 Race) and stuff it into your Pokemon Gold?

Why not just buy a new one? They're cheap as peanuts.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To further expand on raulpica's point, you're going to take a used, years-old battery and put it in a cartridge that has a used, years-old DEAD battery in it already, where if your battery dies, you lose all of your progress. That's just...

Yes, it would work.

GBC games take a CR2025 battery, however a CR2032 will fit and last longer, it's just a tight squeeze getting the cover back on.

Replacing the battery will restore time functionality in the game and allow you to save again.

Target sells them for $5. I've seen Dollar Tree sell them in multi-packs for $1. Harbor Freight sells them somewhere in between those two prices.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non Volatile Gameboy Saves
I did this and am glad I did. no more battery backed (Volatile) SRAM for saves.
I replaced the SRAM with FRAM on Pokemon Red and Yellow with ones i took out of GBA game's Yu-Gi-Oh Reshief of Destruction, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Doing this also works with G/S/C but the a battery is still needed to for RTC, but at least every time the battery dies, you do not lose your save too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process