Gaming Will Epic Mickey 2 be the last good Wii game?

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if Epic Mickey will be the last hurrah for the Wii. I mean its got to be the last third party big budget game for which the Wii is the lead platform.
Do you guys think that Nintendo will bring out anything worth playing after its launch or will it the last time this site has a buzz about it as a Wii game dumps.

Sadly I believe it could mark the end of an era.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought it was already confirmed for the wii? but anyway looking at releases coming it may well be the last good game for the wii, but then again nintendo can be known for pulling strange moves...pokemon black and white 2 on ds for example

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well not sure if it will or not. everyone thought zelda was going to be the last "new" game for wii.. but i think developers will still make games for the wii/wiiu.. just like when ps1/2 an some for 3.. for atleast 6 months after wiiu comes out. some devolpers might still be working on the games for wii and depending on how the wiiu is programed, it's a little hard to stop an switch gears,after development,or during.(depending what stage of development the games are at.)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
definitely not. A lot of people will not be buying a WiiU until the price drops.
We will see same games coming out on both consoles because the profit is just there. For some games the wii U version will only be a better version(like ps3-xbox) that does not mean the game is not good.

There will be wii games coming out for another 3-4 years at the least (and some good ones!).

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
definitely not. A lot of people will not be buying a WiiU until the price drops.
We will see same games coming out on both consoles because the profit is just there. For some games the wii U version will only be a better version(like ps3-xbox) that does not mean the game is not good.

There will be wii games coming out for another 3-4 years at the least (and some good ones!).
3-4 years *lol*. at the highest 1 year (maybe 2 for some low graphic Wii-U games that could also be running on the wii spec)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wiiu isnt supposed to be released until the end of november. im not sure what you call a "good" wii game, but i'd bet there will still be quite a few wii games cranked out in these 7 months until it is released. and then there will probably still be some more cranked out even after the wiiu hits shelves.

as far as im concerned, anything with mickey in the name won't be that good anyways.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry...this isn't the first year of the wii anymore. For well over a year, the only one who was able to really make a profit on a wii game is nintendo itself. They'll obviously shift to the wiiU. Also, if those claims of proper 3rd party support are even halfway true then anything even slightly hype-able will also "just" be released on the wiiU (instead of on the wii as well).

So...yeah. I can't but agree with Bladexdsl: all that will come out on the wii will be the kind of mid-budget games that don't have a next-gen budget, but a larger budget than a wiiware title.
"Shovelware" isn't exactly the right description, but we all know what sort of games we mean (games like "just dance: riverdance pack 3" and "Dr. Pete's moving block puzzle game!").

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: