Will DS/DSi flash carts work on the 3DS?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
With the near release of the Nintendo 3DS, we should soon be in a position to answer the following questions:
  • Will regular Nintendo DS (DSi-compatible) flash carts work on the 3DS?
  • Will the CycloDS iEvolution, only DSi flashcart unlocking DSi mode features, be compatible with the 3DS?
  • Will we ever see full fledged 3DS flashcarts?
As soon as we can provide answers to any of the above questions, we will immediately inform our readers here at GBAtemp. We have already established that, unsurprisingly, old DS-only flash carts (e.g. Acekard 2.1, CycloDS Evolution, R4 DS...) that were not DSi compatible, aren't 3DS compatible either.
Stay tuned for more news in the coming days!

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your all wrong. I know Nintendo good enough that they will block all of them, WITH ALL OF THEM I mean every flashcard! No exceptions; even if you think 'that' flashcard is the best. Nintendo WON´T spare it.

tongue.gif

prove my wrong with a objection.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Lightning said:
Your all wrong. I know Nintendo good enough that they will block all of them, WITH ALL OF THEM I mean every flashcard! No exceptions; even if you think 'that' flashcard is the best. Nintendo WON´T spare it.

tongue.gif

OBJECTION ! The 3DS was in production before the iEvolution
yaynds.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Lightning said:
I doubt the flashcarts will work without an update.
The Supercard team did say that "even though the 3DS will feature new anti-piracy protection mechanisms, the possibilities offered by the SCDSTWO's embedded CPU will allow them to find a workaround quickly".
--
Theoretically, we should be able to run DS flashcarts on the 3DS by pretending to be a legit game card.
Correct me if I'm wrong

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GH0ST said:
Lightning said:

tongue.gif

OBJECTION ! T The 3DS was in production before the lauch of the iEvolution... kiddin' anyway...

Slight objection. Since it irritates people Ill stop.

They could change the software at the final production!(I mean before they packed etc. they made a small change in the software.)

@SoulSnatcher, ghehe silly me... ofcourse they won´t work. There is a way to let them burn in the hell... Yeah there could be an update that make them work; but I should not trust Nintendo.

D

Deleted_171835

Lightning said:
http://www.houseofzot.com/wp-content/uploa...t-objection.jpg

They could change the software at the final production!(I mean before they packed etc. they made a small change in the software.)
Just stop posting OBJECTION. It's annoying and childish.
Anyways, they probably won't be able to change anything in the OS if the 3DS is already being produced. If they did, they would have to delay the launch of the 3DS to update every system already produced.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
Lightning said:
GH0ST said:
Lightning said:
tongue.gif

OBJECTION ! T The 3DS was in production before the lauch of the iEvolution... kiddin' anyway...

Anyways, they probably won't be able to change anything in the OS if the 3DS is already being produced. If they did, they would have to delay the launch of the 3DS to update every system already produced.

Ghehe could be. but Nintendo has magic(I dunno but whoever knows) But your right. Objection overruled...

C´mon I just got my first Phoenix game so I was unable to forfeit it in a post, and my deepest excuse for doing childish.

I think that they still blocked as much as possible since most flashcards are used for piracy.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think flashcart on 3DS will happen very fast (for DS Mode only, maybe DSi if Cyclo Ievolution works), except if 3DS has some kind of "hypervisor", if the 3DS mode can run as a background process while running DS mode game, and detect if only one ARM9 and ARM7 executable is launched (correct me if I'm wrong, but retail games only launch one arm7+9 exe?) then it will be harder, flashcart might work, but they will not be capable of soft-reset/launching several games.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
HA HA HA AH HA!

No.
No.

....and still no! XD

you think Nintendo would let one slip under the radar?

They probably made some "changes" to make it not work with the Cyclo iEvolution just lately

darkworldz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
lets hope Nintendo will sue cyclo, supercard, acekard, ez flash, r4 etc like how Sony did and appeal to obtain IP address of all people on gbatemp. LOL

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Lightning said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Lightning said:
C´mon I just got my first Phoenix game so I was unable to forfeit it in a post, and my deepest excuse for doing childish.
I echo that! /has played Phoenix Wright himself/
I seriously think that special 3DS PASSME cards should be first made, but I am not sure if current cards would be turned into 3DS PASSMEs.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
darkworldz said:
lets hope Nintendo will sue cyclo, supercard, acekard, ez flash, r4 etc like how Sony did and appeal to obtain IP address of all people on gbatemp. LOL

best be trollin'!
smileipb2.png

I know you're joking...but if a exploit is released for 3DS too early..Nintendo might actually look at sony and say...

"we have more money to make with this device...we don't want to spend the money to create another more secure motherboard...

lets sue the bastard!"

Team Twiizers - "come n' get me!"
laugh.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
stanleyopar2000 said:
you think Nintendo would let one slip under the radar?

They probably made some "changes" to make it not work with the Cyclo iEvolution just lately
No way. We are very close to the 3DS release date in Japan (February 26) and the Cyclo iEvolution's bootstrap for Japan... is not yet released ( and it is only possible to switch to DSi mode if your region matches the region of the bootstrap currently installed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: